Ultimate Subaru Message Board

6 Lug Aluminum Wheels

Just curious.

I know about the 6 lug conversion you can do to these cars but i was wondering. Since pugs are hard to find would it be possible to do a 6 lug conversion and throw on some nissan aluminum truck wheels but instead of putting on big off road tires you would put on some low profile ones. My only question is the backspaceing. If they would stick out to much or would they tuck into the fenderwells.

Ben

Just curious.

I know about the 6 lug conversion you can do to these cars but i was wondering. Since pugs are hard to find would it be possible to do a 6 lug conversion and throw on some nissan aluminum truck wheels but instead of putting on big off road tires you would put on some low profile ones. My only question is the backspaceing. If they would stick out to much or would they tuck into the fenderwells.

Ben

Mazda B2200 rims come in 14 and 15 in, and have a very nice offset for a subie. Izuzu Trooper wheel also have a nice offset.

Nissan or Toyota rim will tick out a hair more. Chevy rims will stick out like crazy.

It's been done. I just picked up a set of aluminum Nissan rims. (One day before I found a set of Pugs in another yard!) So I'm selling the Nissans now. But prior to finding the pugs I was doing some research on the Nissans. Found this thread so I know it's not too hard. http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/forum/showthread.php?t=52707&highlight=pathfinder+rims

Also noticed that the nissan steels aren't as wide as the aluminums.