Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Brake problems!

I have a 87 gl sedan and i just recently changed my front brake caliper to make my brakes work better, now i have to pump them up twice to make them work while driving it... I bled all my brakes and adjusted my back brakes. it made it a little better but i still have to pump it to make my fron work, and it has brake fluid! What is wrong hear?

did you change out the pads and is the rotor still in spec? with pads and rotors you must change them out in sets. Not just one side. you can get away with only one caliper though. Does your e-brake work? its run off of the front brakes, so if it isn't adjusting then that could be your problem. Also, you might still have some air trapped in the system. How much fluid did you lose when you swapped the calipers? Single man job or did you have a helper?

you would have had to turn the piston to recess it in its bore to fit new pads.

the braking system is cross(dual) diagonal, and the bleeding has to be done LF RR RF LR. so whatever front wheel you replaced the caliper on, belaad the rear wheel on the other side of the car along with it.