Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Attn Scott in Bellingham 30's are on

Looks good One eye! Are those really 4 lugs or are they redrilled?! :slobber: What are they from? Looks great though.

-Tom

They are redrilled toyota six lugs, with 30X9.50X15's on them. My buddy had them on his chopped hatch but the hatch is in a better place now, RIP, but I got them and they had been sitting on my 4"lifted 83 wagon and I got this wagon today from Scott and he said 30's wouldn't fit. Oh but they do!:grin:

Jeff

They are redrilled toyota six lugs, with 30X9.50X15's on them. My buddy had them on his chopped hatch but the hatch is in a better place now, RIP, but I got them and they had been sitting on my 4"lifted 83 wagon and I got this wagon today from Scott and he said 30's wouldn't fit. Oh but they do!:grin:

Jeff

I kinda thought they might be redrilled since I never really saw a 15" wheel with 4 lugs. Yeah they sure do fit! Looks good bro...

Audio: Scott put a Carb on a EJ? Oh wait, I think I remember that. He had a thread didn't he? He made an adapter plate right?

Scott I got the 30's on your old car check it out. I figured since the motor is bad, Why not put big tires on

What do you think?:grin:

Jeff

did it drive home ok or overheat?, looks good Jeff :banana: , lets see a full shot of the whole car for full effect, and this is with a 2" lift, Walker here we come or? lets find a new spot to wheel in are area

did it drive home ok or overheat?, looks good Jeff :banana: , lets see a full shot of the whole car for full effect, and this is with a 2" lift, Walker here we come or? lets find a new spot to wheel in are area

I'll get a better pic later today. It is sitting on that narrow area between the house and the fence can't get any good shots there.:-\

But I will get one.

The whole way home it never overheated but I let it run in the driveway for about 7 min. and I thought she was going to catch on fire. I have never seen a car overheat like that before. It was Amazing:grin:

but it's all good, I'm going to go to napa on monday and finish up the motor and drop 'er on in. Then we will be ready for a wheeling trip!!!

Jeff

lets see

1) 235/75-15 tires on,

2) hoods painted black

3) engines out

4) SJR sticker gone :(

looks like we should plan another wheelin trip

30X9.50X15's not 235/75/15 the 30's are about a half inch taller.

Just got the timing belts on,Chris is grabbing the intake manifold and the disty needs to go in. After that she is getting dropped in and should be ready for wheeling. April 12th thats a Saturday, Walker Valley how does that sound Scott?

I set up a post in the trails and events area if you are up for it or we could go up in Wills area (Concrete).

Jeff

30X9.50X15's not 235/75/15 the 30's are about a half inch taller.

Just got the timing belts on,Chris is grabbing the intake manifold and the disty needs to go in. After that she is getting dropped in and should be ready for wheeling. April 12th thats a Saturday, Walker Valley how does that sound Scott?

I set up a post in the trails and events area if you are up for it or we could go up in Wills area (Concrete).

Jeff

Jeff I stopped and looked at your car , you might want to look at those tires again for size, April 12 I will check,

Jeff I stopped and looked at your car , you might want to look at those tires again for size, April 12 I will check,

Ok you were right they are 235's I could have sworn that they where 30's, anyways I got it running about a half a hour ago. She runs great. And with no timing belt covers whats so ever. I have a few other little things to take care of on it and it is ready. I'll get some more pics in the morning of the motor.

Jeff

All done Except the welded rearend and bumpers. other than that, Good to go. Runs like a top, EA82 with no timing belt covers what's so ever, it looks real cool but I'm still kinda scared about the whole deal. anyways Week one, Got new motor in, Week two rearend and bumpers, Week Three Go wheelin':)

I got some pics but they look almost the same as the last ones so I didn't post them. I am going to get a group shot of all my subarus tomorrow. I'll post some of them up.

Jeff

in the last 3 years I have broken NO axles, destroyed 1 clutch ( which was my own fault) , bent 4 front right radius rods, and broke a hand full of lights, added many clearance modifications (Dents) and thats about it on my EA82s :banana:

Just out of curiosity; How long have you stuck with one car? I mean, which car have you had the longest, and how many miles have you accumulated with it? Just wondering, because, in addition to being wheeled; my wagon is constantly being driven on the highway, many, many miles with a welded rear end. I've noticed you go through the cars like we second gen guys go through rear CVs.:grin:

Pics look good Jeff. Now it just needs bumpers!!!! I'm thinking we need to Frankenstein all the spare steel lying outside my shop...

Well today I was on my way down to my parents house where I have all my subarus in the "new" Wagon and I seemed to have forgot to tighten down the crankshaft pully on the front of the motor. It came off and then the timing belt came off right after it. So I seemed to have made just a little more work for myself. That's ok though because the head I got from scott Seems to have a couple of bad lifters in it so I gotta dig back into it a bit and change a few things around. That kinda made me mad but I had no one to blame but myself.:-\ :rolleyes: I'll dive back in on monday and fix her back up

Jeff

• 2 weeks later...