Ultimate Subaru Message Board

yes i already did a search , what would cause the wipers to move slowly or not work on hi speed ? last night i sprayed around the wiper plug and got the wipers to move faster and even the hi speed ,but no hi speed today and slow on low ? :confused:

I ran a jumper wire from the black ground wire on the wiper motor to a bolt on the strut tower. Worked fine until I had to use the jumper wire to make the engine run.

take the wiper motor out and clean the contacts and brushes in the motor. Mine were really slow this summer and I did that and the problem was fixed.

yes it was cold outside [ 25] move slow at idle , i sprayed around the wiper motor and they took off great even the hi speed , but the next day no hi speed and moving slowly again

well at hi rpns not really , my 88 gl 4wd manual wagon the wipers really work great with 180,000 mi , so i am thinking that i sprayed one of the wires and which ever one that is is either broken or crap on it , but today i will find the problem

Sorry to keep asking the same questions. But, if it was performing well at driving RPM's then I would say check the connections at the battery and alternator. But you say it is not. What are you using to clean/spray the wiper motor with? You may have some bad solder developing. You may need to scrape and clean or even resolder. Do you have access to another wiper motor? If you do you may want to test it in the system to take the system out of the equation.

Good luck!

yes i have another wiper motor, silocone spray , but i will look at it alittle closer or run a ground wire to the struts from the wiper ground , but what about the back ? .will check back and let everyone know what i found out , thanks

Have you done a voltage check at the alternator and battery? It may still be charging system related.

here is something strange, went to the bank and the hi speed works good, but just 1hr before they did not ? but the car was sitting ,, and when i went to the bank of course i was moving :confused:

i went to get gas up the road 5mi , the hi speed of the wipers do not work again , but a few hrs ago when i washed the car they were fine:confused:

Jim, I talked to my brother Mo about this, he called his brother Ron

He said pull the connector on the wiper moter apart??

Drive to Uncle Charlie's waffle house and plug the connector back togeather. Try the way hi speed wipers.

If that does not fix it, he told me my cousin Id had this problem, He consulted my unkle Iot. He said loosen the screw holding the ground wire on the cover of the wiper motor.

Wash the dash board then retighten the screw??

I don't know anything about those things but this is the way my family fixed it

Hope this wipes the smile off your face J/K

Sounding more like the switch is going south on you. Works this time, don't work next time, works another time you try it = switch, usually, but not always.

Skip That was good!