Ultimate Subaru Message Board

super nice turbo...

crazy D

GT30 would be a good lightly worked 2.0l in my opinion. my dude don had a 04 wagon pushing over 300whp on a mustang dyno with just a deadbolt TD05 18g fully done out though. it pulled like a fieght train and i'm sure its still going hard. he had 90k when i rode in it, stock internal ej205. its been 2yr or more since then though. i want a GT30R myself for my EJ20R but money is an object for a man with a 8mth old kid and a house. i'm going to have my T4 compressor put on my T3 so it has tons of mid range. do my own rotating....:headbang:

I'll reserve judgement on T3/04 hybrids - lots of things fit together that don't work too well .

If in the US you could have a good look at what Forced Performance are doing with turbos for Subaru's .

Robert Young does some very effective turbos in bolt on type turbine housings which makes fitting much easier .

Ask him about the Trust spec TD05SL2 turbines and a suitable compressor for your power requirements .

Or from the factory have a look at some of the twin scroll STi Impreza bits .

Cheers A .

I'll reserve judgement on T3/04 hybrids - lots of things fit together that don't work too well .

If in the US you could have a good look at what Forced Performance are doing with turbos for Subaru's .

Robert Young does some very effective turbos in bolt on type turbine housings which makes fitting much easier .

Ask him about the Trust spec TD05SL2 turbines and a suitable compressor for your power requirements .

Or from the factory have a look at some of the twin scroll STi Impreza bits .

Cheers A .

We didn't get the twin scroll stuff here in the US. So it would all have to be imported from Japan.

For bolt on stuff here the 16, 18, 20G mitsubishi turbo's and the VF 22, 30 34, 39, 43 etc. are very popular for subies.

Got a buddy here in Minnesota with this STi:

s374turbo074.jpg

in order to minimize piping, he mounted his GT42R turbo in the bumper:

s374turbo075.jpg

He's putting down well over 400 awhp on the stock STi EJ257. and he's building a sleeved, overbored 2.7l fully built block that should be putting down something close to 900 on E85/Meth.

Well in single scroll format FP's "green" style turbos would be very convenient . Lots of discussion about them at NASIOC .

Cheers A .

FP is nice stuff. I'm considering thier 18g turbo for my wrx now. I still might go with a 16G not sure yet, still considering options.

Does your friend actually drive that car? With no fog light cover? In the rain? AND with no air filter? :dead: That 2.7 ain't gonna last very long running in conditions like that.

when he drives it, he runs with the cover on it.

he doesn't daily drive it. as-is it gets like 12 mpg.......and the new engine will have 8 injectors.......

but yea, no air filter. been running like that for more than a year (well.....he didn't drive it all winter since he was reworking the piping and upgrading turbos).