Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Looking for rally struts EA82T RX

rallyruss

I have a set of GAB rally struts on the front of my rally cross beast. Looking for any decent replacement or if someone knows where to get a couple GAB units. I know they are no longer produced.

any help would be appreciated.

The car is in the top three in Rally preped 4wd so far this season and I would like to keep it that way.

I havent been able to find squat for front shocks on my RX, not even replacement shocks :mad:

OEM, maybe. It makes my decision to go 5 lug even more so now.

But the RX will be getting retired from its short RallyX career soon.

My Imp will be up and running in a few weeks:headbang:

I havent been able to find squat for front shocks on my RX, not even replacement shocks :mad:

OEM, maybe. It makes my decision to go 5 lug even more so now.

But the RX will be getting retired from its short RallyX career soon.

My Imp will be up and running in a few weeks:headbang:

Yeah I will most likely swap in some KYB GR2s for the regular EA82s to get thru the season.

Sucks. I may have to dump some money into custom struts. I have seen it done before on a stage rally car before.

My RX is strictly A Rally X vehicle. Its not street legal.

None left huh? that sucks. I will check my local sources for any still on the shelf.

I would love to be set up with the 5 lug. Unfortunately the expensive rally tires I just purchased recently are for the 4 lug 13s. I also no longer have a house with shop space or my tools to do any major work. I can get it into my friends shop for minor stuff but thats about all.

They make replacement cartridges for other cars and makes right? They just slot or weld into the old housing, perhaps you could retrofit the rally cartridges from another car into the RX?

It should work in theory, it would just take a lot of time to do the research.

None left huh? that sucks. I will check my local sources for any still on the shelf.

I would love to be set up with the 5 lug. Unfortunately the expensive rally tires for the 4 lug 13s. I also no longer have a house with shop space or my tools to do any major work. I can get it into my friends shop for minor stuff but thats about all.

Ditto :-\