Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Hey guys,

New to the forum here. Searched the forum for an answer to my question, but didn't find one.

I'm looking to buy my first Subaru (2006 Legacy Sedan 2.5i). The seller is advertising it as a Limited, and when I run the NADA by VIN as well as run a CARFAX report, they both come back saying it's a limited. However, it has cloth seats.

Is it possible to have a limited without leather seats? If not, I'm confused why the VIN comes back as a limited if it is in fact an SE. I'd like to get this figured out, since there's a difference of about $1,000 between the SE and the Limited that I'm looking at.

Thanks for any help.

whichever you are planning to get, you will like it.

Or Else!....

But seriously - yes ive seen some strange combos as at the time of sale of a new car - theres often the option of adding extras or swapping bits around.

Hey guys,

New to the forum here. Searched the forum for an answer to my question, but didn't find one.

I'm looking to buy my first Subaru (2006 Legacy Sedan 2.5i). The seller is advertising it as a Limited, and when I run the NADA by VIN as well as run a CARFAX report, they both come back saying it's a limited. However, it has cloth seats.

Is it possible to have a limited without leather seats? If not, I'm confused why the VIN comes back as a limited if it is in fact an SE. I'd like to get this figured out, since there's a difference of about $1,000 between the SE and the Limited that I'm looking at.

Thanks for any help.

Both have cloth seats the better one has the integrated headrest,and a better grade of cloth.

The LE also has automatic temp, ipod jack Auto dimming, maybe homelink. Better Jazzed up stereo oh and fog lights and I forgot 7 spoke wheels, are included.

Both have identical power trains bodies etc.

In canada at the time. the upgrade cost $1500 list retail.

Very nice car!

I have the base level 06 wagon Auto.

These are decent cars, top in their class!

I