Ultimate Subaru Message Board

I want dual range AWD for my '95 Legacy

superu

only reason to run an EJ D/R trans is for the EJ clutch or if you'd rather just drop the big bucks on a complete trans and not crack it open.

or, take an EA D/R box, use a FT4WD output shaft, EJ 4.111 ring/pinion, EJ center diff, adapter plate, EA82 flywheel, XT6 clutch kit, and you'd be set. exactly what you're looking for, and using all USDM parts.

Would there be any way to do this using a locking center diff out of an rx instead of the EJ center diff? Edited by Rocket_bunny176

Would there be any way to do this using a locking center diff out of an rx instead of the EJ center diff?could 

If you could get your hands on one:  the ultimate manual AWD D/R centre locking diff with rear LSD  if you get could the complete driveline.

Totally all mechanical apart from the  electric switch / actuator that locks  centre diff.

Edited by subnz

JDM made a variation of everything. WE see this in NZ as we can / have been  importing  2nd hand cars from Japan. for the last 30+ years as well as new NZDM built in Japan for NZ market. ( less variation mainly auto  - 2.5 manual Outbacks for  NZDM were D/R for gen2 and gen 3 )

Have seen a few (not many) early to mid 90s Legacys here with D/R   - have a friend in my village  who has one with Outback struts / wheels  fitted.

Another friend  here has an ex JDM 2nd hand 06 Legacy 2.0 wagon with D/R.

Would there be any way to do this using a locking center diff out of an rx instead of the EJ center diff?

Easy answer. Pinion shaft and center diff have to match. Locking non-LSD center only came with a 3.7 or 3.9 (in the US for sure, but I think that's true for the rest of the world).

The rest of the details depend on the rest of your details. If you're serious, start a new thread with some background information, and we can try to help you.

• 1 month later...

ive only evers seen 2 EJ D R legacys here. they arnt common here. been looking to get hold of one for ages :-\

They are around  people don't sell them much as theyre highly sort after

there are 2 in my neighbour hood   96 2.0 Legacy wagon  

06 leagcy 2.0 Wagon  

Could get NZ new NZDM and 2nd hand ex Japan JDM