Ultimate Subaru Message Board

SJR Tube Buggy Build Thread 08

Scott in Bellingham

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

made some modifications to this picture, also would like a built in storage rack on the top weather proof with removable doors

Proposed_SJR_Buggy.jpg

I considered building this one, Rhinobuggys "Hummbug", but I didn't want to fabricate all the panels for the body.

It has the same frame as the "Bandit" that I built/stretched. The only difference is the body.

The frame portion is square steel, only the body is round tube.

I think you could easily build the tube portion in a couple weeks just working evenings & weekends.

My buddys made me use rock crawler quality steel, so it could have been lighter?

But it ain't gonna break!:lol:

Rage on Scott!

since the last picture I havent done any fab work, Ive got the seats up there and are figuring the placement of all the main cage bars, design work, thats the fun part, almost ready to cut some more steel , it will have 4 doors and all 4 will have identical frames , also looks like sammy glass for the windshield should work,

since the last picture I havent done any fab work, Ive got the seats up there and are figuring the placement of all the main cage bars, design work, thats the fun part, almost ready to cut some more steel , it will have 4 doors and all 4 will have identical frames , also looks like sammy glass for the windshield should work,

where is the said pics of progress... i know it's an unrully crowd... :lol::popcorn: :popcorn: if you don't have a sami windshield to measure... i have one on my sami i can measure for you.

Uhhhhmmm!

If we could keep the conversation to a minimum,

we could all hear what's going on!!!:mad:

Excuse me that's my cell phone......

Hello....:lol:

...Yes, for the windshield,

I used Lexan and put a molding around the edge

and a foam weather seal tape against the metal.

I clean it carefully and so far have not replaced it.

I'll call you back later....

I want to get back to the build.:popcorn::popcorn: