Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Source for 2-row radiators

I recently got a 2 row from http://www.usaradiator.com

All metal, not made in China.

I did have to modify the bottom pins - I don't know if I got "lucky" with a slightly out of spec radiator, or the car frame is off, but a little grinding & TIG fixed it.

I had a bad experience with one of the $120+- radiators the seller, actually. The one with the fake online "chat". I specifically asked for all metal 2 row with the return port angle up, they sent a plastic cap 1 row return port straight. I had to drive over 30 miles round trip to return it, and the jerk didn't want to refund, only swap me another crap plastic cap 1 row radiator. I was livid, and the guy even implied that I had ordered the wrong one!

The lowest price isn't always the best deal.

Radiator.com lists two that sound right for EA82 applications- a 25 x 13 x 5/8" (1 row) for $105 and a 25 x 13 x 1 1/4" (2 row) for $145. I can't find what their shipping charges are on their site.

usaradiator.com mentioned by Dave T has free shipping. Their two row is $170.

Andy

Radiator.com lists two that sound right for EA82 applications- a 25 x 13 x 5/8" (1 row) for $105 and a 25 x 13 x 1 1/4" (2 row) for $145. I can't find what their shipping charges are on their site.

usaradiator.com mentioned by Dave T has free shipping. Their two row is $170.

Andy

I bought an all metal two row from there (radiator.com). It was $145 with overnight shipping from the warehouse in houston.

Don't order via the website. Call and confirm the specs before ordering.

It may not even be a true two row anyway. Most of them just have a thicker core. Look for that spec.. I can't remember the thickness of the subaru radiators at the moment, but one part number may be 1 inch core thickness and the other part 1 1/2 inch core thickness. The thicker core, or row, takes place of the true two row to cut production costs.