Ultimate Subaru Message Board

highest mileage?

Seeing Ed's response to another thread made me wonder: who has the most mileage on any one style of Subaru? Whose sedan has the most miles, Brat, wagon, ea81,ea82, ...? I know I'm not in the running as the Brat I have only has 132,000 and the 92 Legacy is at 127,000. The 96 Legacy has 172,000, but I know that I'm not even in the ballpark with some of your rigs. What do you have for mileage?

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My '88 DL Wagon has the original engine, EA82 SPFI, & shows 220K on the odometer. Recently had to replace two lifters on #3 cylinder due to rough idiling & low compression, but no major probs otherwise. She gets around 27 mpg, hiway-city combined. Trying to get @ least 300K.:-p

208,000 miles. bought at 130,000, as far as I know all original. Been on same clutch (5-spd D/R) and brakes since purchase four years ago. Did T-belt and all the front stuff once, and the usuals. '00 Legacy wagon (auto) has 145,000 miles, bought Nov. '01 with 100,000 miles on it, didn't know history so did T-belt and front stuff (and added cruise) after purchase. Only repair has been one front wheel bearing.

84 DL 4WD Wagon - 320k - original engine - different trans tho. Was my parts car and was converted to 2WD. The original drive train went into my wagon and is still running. The 4WD trans that was in it was a replacement from the JY as the original single range gave out at about 220k (syncro problems). This car belongs to a friend of mine (he's on the board - just doesn't post at all), and is still a daily driver making a 70 mile commute 5 days a week.

GD

87 XT Turbo: Ka-boom at 98k.

Wish I had the same kinda luck as you guys.

Highest mileage Soob I ever had was 155k, ran great, but the body fell apart. My Loyale is about to turn over 150k and is starting to get a case of the blue smokies.

Neighbor gave me an 86 2WD sedan last year with 80k and bad rings.

I love all my Soobs and they are the most reliable cars I've ever had- I just wonder why I always get the ones that die young.

That's a good one you have Meeky Mouse, hope my 87 Brat gets there someday. 87 Brat has almost 186k and uses like 8 oz. of oil per 3.5k, have owned this for over 6 years. 1993 Legacy fwd auto has 159k, this is my middle daughter's car and we have owned it almost three years, no leaks and uses about 8 oz. oil per 3k. Should be plenty of owners with 200k plus out their. I know of one out here that's not on the board that has 215k on a 91 Legacy but the trany is dead and he decided to scrap the car after using a shade tree mechanic to replace the transmission for $800 and it was the wrong transmission, didn't work right. He bought it new. Glenn Taylor.

Geez, mine doesnt even come close to some of these, BUT - does make me feel good that it will last a Long time with the proper care and maintenance!!!

89 GL Wagon, 2wd, 5 spd - 179k

btw - get an average of 28 mpg country and town driving...not much for freeways around here!! but lots of county roads and half an hour to town!

:D

I would be willing to wager that the combined mileage of all vehicles owned by board members would be in the tens of millions, and it could very well be that if we were to crunch the numbers, we'd find that car for car, our subbies last longer than almost any other make out there.