Ultimate Subaru Message Board

highest mileage?

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1973 subaru 1400DL wagon,

had one piston replaced and the cylinder re sleaved.(the 1400 has removable sleaves need huh NOT, well kinda)

and new headgaskets at 200somthing k

anyway running strong and getting 35 mpg at 60mph will

377,850 miles

oh yea since the early cars have only !!,!!! digets i tracked down the 6 owners and verifed the milage to be what ive described,

well, my 88 gl wagon, ea82, spfi has 294,000 as of yesterday on all original components except for the oil pump, i changed out what seemed to be the original fuel filter at around 240,000 i think (not entirely sure, date was rubbed off), has 5spd, dual range, and will still occasionally hit 65.

84 DL 4wd wagon

Looks like I win this contest.Riverrat2 odometer is broken at 356,000.The original owner believes it has around 450,000 on it.I am curently putting just under 200 miles a day just comuting to work.Has original engine and clutch.The only items to be replaced are the alt.,starter,and front axles.Unfortunately the original owner used to haul a 12' boat trailer out on the hood canal.Rust will killl this car before the drive train goes south.It runs better than riverrat1 ever did and I killed her around 250,000.

So far, it looks like :

Moosens (by proxy) - ea 81 (?)= 1.5 million

Hatch ((?) = 450k

Riverrat - 84 DL = 450k

Tailgatewagon - 73 1400 DL wagon = 377.8k

Caboobaroo - 79 DL = 375k

Hondasucks - 84 GL wagon = 343k

Forkspear - 86 DL wagon = 332k

General Disorder - 84 DL Wagon = 320k

Hondasucks - 86 GL10 = 314k

Suba - 88GL Wagon = 294k

Goatboy - 85 GL wagon = 293.7k

Meeky Moose - 86 Turbo GL10 = 290k

Hush 777 - 91 Loyale = 283k

And a bunch of honorable mentions. Thanks for the input.

Match the VIn numbers on the engine and the body???

Not sure if they are the same numbers or not

Originally posted by Goatboy

85 GL d/r 4x4 Wagon with 293,700 miles.

I have only had the car about 2 months. I would assume it is the original engine but I don't know for sure. Anyone have an idea how I could tell?

--GoatBoy--

The Gen 1's with the 5 digit odometers should be disqualified since they cannot possibly have six digit mileage readings, and would be unable to prove the mileage of the vehicle. Not that they couldn't go that far - but saying they have is not technically factual since the odometer doesn't read that high. It's hearsay, and not admissible in any court...... :D

GD

My 87 RX has 138,000, just spun a rod bearing. runs knocking with a rod knock.

Spare carbbed block goin into RX has 135,000 was running strong (roast 1st gear and prolonged chirp in 2nd)when retired about a year ago.

88 2wd auto, converted to 4wd 5spd. d/r was recently sold to my bro (Volcom_Don) has 200,000 miles on it and runs real strong.

my 84 GL wagon had 343,000 when the motor blew (combination of a blown heater line, my stupidity, and a non-functioning temp gauge.

But currently, I am in possession of an 86 GL-10 turbo with 314,000 on the odo, original motor as far as I can tell..

My 87 GL has 176k on the odo, true mileage is 171k, but the motor has been replaced and I dunno when (Ed, you know??)

Check out http://www.subaruhighmileageclub.com if you haven't already... Esp. you guys with 400k on the odo, he doens't have any in the 400k section yet!

I HAD an 86 XT 2WD n/a that had 285k on it, new oil pump, but other than that, original motor.