Ultimate Subaru Message Board

highest mileage?

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

today i bought a 86 4x4 wagon with 403,527 miles!!!.i'm impressed.i got it at the local tow yard. the front end is somewhat cracked up.hood,left front fender,control arm ect,but i drove it home for $50 bucks! the drive train seems tight and the rest of the body is straight. BUT the inside!!!! is grodey to the max!!!! i can handle ratty old cars,but this is gross,like 20 years of spilt coffee all over the dash and sweaty oily seats. then toped of w/thick dust. cool huh. i got another 86 w/good insides i'd like to deck it out,but we'll see. i'll try to post pic of speedo todd

today i bought a 86 4x4 wagon with 403,527 miles!!!.i'm impressed.i got it at the local tow yard. the front end is somewhat cracked up.hood,left front fender,control arm ect,but i drove it home for $50 bucks! the drive train seems tight and the rest of the body is straight. BUT the inside!!!! is grodey to the max!!!! i can handle ratty old cars,but this is gross,like 20 years of spilt coffee all over the dash and sweaty oily seats. then toped of w/thick dust. cool huh. i got another 86 w/good insides i'd like to deck it out,but we'll see. i'll try to post pic of speedo. so any way happy subin todd

Originally posted by todds

hey i'm still learning this computer stuff or i was so impressed w/my story i told it twice.

You can delete you own posts (but not others' posts).

When viewing your post, select the "Edit" button, and near the top of the next page, on the left select the "Delete post" checkbox, then on the right select the "Delete" button. Post goes away. I've used this on a couple of posts that for some reason I posted twice.

You do have to be logged in for this to work.

With only 261k on an EA82 SPFI..............

Since someone a few pages back mentioned a Benz with 300k, check this car out:

http://www.vcoa.org/irv_o_meter.shtml

http://www.hillmanimages.com/912/081801_467.html

Engine was rebuilt at 675k..................I know, it doesn't count here...............Subaru may very well be the equivalent to the Volvo in Japan and abroad..............alot cheaper to maintain also!

(former Volvo owner.........they resell very high)

• 1 year later...

had an 81 gl wagon 4x4 with 289k, still running good when i sold it about 5 yrs ago. you hardly ever see those 81-83 wagon 4x4's anymore, i used to lead the pack of 4x4 broncos and blazers at this mud course in mine... i'd love to get another one

today i bought a 86 4x4 wagon with 403,527 miles!!!.i'm impressed.i got it at the local tow yard. the front end is somewhat cracked up.hood,left front fender,control arm ect,but i drove it home for $50 bucks! the drive train seems tight and the rest of the body is straight. BUT the inside!!!! is grodey to the max!!!! i can handle ratty old cars,but this is gross,like 20 years of spilt coffee all over the dash and sweaty oily seats. then toped of w/thick dust. cool huh. i got another 86 w/good insides i'd like to deck it out,but we'll see. i'll try to post pic of speedo todd

Darn, and I was just in Mt.Vernon yesterday too - would love to have gotten a deal like that! Farrell's in Mt.Vernon has a decent selection of parts cars.

As for the gross interior, mine was disgusting when I got it too - I removed the whole interior except the dash (seats, trim, door panels, carpet, seatbelts) and vaccuumed, washed, scrubbed, bleached, you name it. Came out pretty good for how gross it was. I did end up making seat covers for the bottom parts of the front seats that some stains didn't come out, so I had to cover them (I *hate* the seat covers from stores that never fit right!)

My car has 288,000 miles - replaced the engine from a car that had 220,000 miles on it. '86 GL wagon 4x4 carbed EA82 (engine came from an '85 GL Wagon 4x4 carbed EA82).

• 14 years later...