Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Clay Bar and Old Paint more coupe drooliness added

Today I broke down and clay barred the coupe..and polished it myself since...well the money wasnt there for the detail. Needless to say ..I am very impressed....oooober smooth and actually pretty shiney... I think the only way to truely make it worthy would be a complete repaint...but I think LB ( whose name may be changing to Remy) is presentable. I have to finish up the louvers yet and put them back on but...For your viewing pleasure..a 26y/o claybarred coupe:

OOOOShiney001.jpg

OOOOShiney003.jpg

OOOOShiney002.jpg

OOOOShiney004.jpg

OOOOShiney005.jpg

Connie, have you not created a ruckus by driving around CT with Washington state plates?

Yup..tabs are good...and in WA they go with the car not the owner.( seems wierd and foreign to me but..hey) Its insured also... I am leaving the WA plates on till after Carlisle for nostagia reasons then he gets his Classic tags.

It is kinda funny watching the looks on peoples faces. :lol:

Should have the louvers back on today and hope to have the rims polished up. Maybe do a little repainting of some faded stuff too.

Yup..tabs are good...and in WA they go with the car not the owner.( seems wierd and foreign to me but..hey) Its insured also... I am leaving the WA plates on till after Carlisle for nostagia reasons then he gets his Classic tags.

It is kinda funny watching the looks on peoples faces. :lol:

Should have the louvers back on today and hope to have the rims polished up. Maybe do a little repainting of some faded stuff too.

Here in TN, thats the first thing you are suppose to take off. Guess with 2 plates it cuts down on cost when you just leave them on the particular car.

Looks good, I never did the clay bar thing..

I always wanted to wet sand and use rubbing compound on one of my cars, just never attempted it .. Im sure you could google how to wet sand a car...

A long time ago, I did spray paint a old motorcycle trunk and then wet sanded and used compound on it and it turned out great, you could never tell that I used a can of spary paint to paint it ..

Joe

Looks really nice Connie!

You have been working really hard on getting him ready for the show. It will pay off (looks like it has already)

I call dibs on parking on the OTHER side of your coupe @ Carlisle! :grin:

GOOD JOB! :cool:

Awesome as many EA81 body styled cars lined up in a row :) (had to throw the body style bit in there cause we all know what jesses brat be packing for power now).