Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Hello from AZ!

Hello all!

I’ve just recently purchased my second Subie and have been surfing around the internet looking for information. I stumbled on this treasure trove of a forum that seems to be full of friendly knowledgeable people.

My daily driver is an '02 OBS. I don’t do any work on her since I’ve no idea what I’m doing when it comes wrenching on cars. I’d like to learn more and when I saw an '87 GL Wagon on Craigslist, I figured it would be the perfect opportunity.

Just last night I was able to get her running well enough to take a spin around the block. My favorite part: dropping the clutch, the front wheels give a little chirp. :burnout: The engine chugs its way up 5500 RPM. I throw it in to 2nd and glance down at the speedo... 15mph. :rolleyes: It's just like a lawn tractor! I think it has the same engine too... Sounds the same anyway. ;)

I've still got a lot of work to do on the old girl, but I think it will be fun. For now, I'm just hoping she'll pass emissions...

Cheers!

-Bill

2subaru.jpg