Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Some pics of the hatch. 56k go get another... Coke.

TheYeti

So I planned to start tearing down the interior today, but it was too cold. Instead I decided to attack the center console and get it ready to accept the new head unit. I will paint it to match the blue interior when it warms up. Anyway, here are a couple of pics just to show the space a slanted console can create behind it.

post-12842-0-08508100-1393695961_thumb.jpg

post-12842-0-70119800-1393696006_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

yeti i just put xt 6 seats in my hatch. We used the gen 2 sliders rather than modify the mounting points on the car body, It came out okay, there is a little play (diagonal wiggle) in the seats which I don't like, If I was in a hard impact I imagine the seat it more likely to detach from the floor. You could check my set up out and improve on it.

• Like 1

yeti i just put xt 6 seats in my hatch. We used the gen 2 sliders rather than modify the mounting points on the car body, It came out okay, there is a little play (diagonal wiggle) in the seats which I don't like, If I was in a hard impact I imagine the seat it more likely to detach from the floor. You could check my set up out and improve on it.

I really can't wait to see your hatch!

I may end up taking mine to Greg at SloDrive.  He made some brakets for a friend's GL coupe using Miata seats.  They mount up to the stock locations and it looks great.

• 5 months later...