Ultimate Subaru Message Board
TheYeti

Some pics of the hatch. 56k go get another... Coke.

So I planned to start tearing down the interior today, but it was too cold. Instead I decided to attack the center console and get it ready to accept the new head unit. I will paint it to match the blue interior when it warms up. Anyway, here are a couple of pics just to show the space a slanted console can create behind it.

post-12842-0-08508100-1393695961_thumb.jpg

post-12842-0-70119800-1393696006_thumb.jpg

Hey yeti stop! I have a blue slant console I will trade you for the grey, as long as your grey one is solid.  I am going to Denver tomorrow. PM me if you want to do it. I don't have an ashtray either, would be a fair swap.

The head unit is in and the Kicker speakers sound great! I was also able to pretty much match the interior illumination color.

Pretty cool :)

post-12842-0-99466800-1395062214_thumb.jpg

post-12842-0-87129700-1395062240_thumb.jpg

I got bored and decided to install the old storage pocket from the old radio console. I also picked up a cell phone holder. I can't stand the windshield mounts. This one connects to the front seat bracket bolt.

post-12842-0-12426000-1395605307_thumb.jpg

post-12842-0-94111800-1395605320_thumb.jpg

I found a pair of nice 02-03 WRX seats for the hatch which is exciting.  Figuring out how to install them both will be another matter.

yeti i just put xt 6 seats in my hatch. We used the gen 2 sliders rather than modify the mounting points on the car body, It came out okay, there is a little play (diagonal wiggle) in the seats which I don't like, If I was in a hard impact I imagine the seat it more likely to detach from the floor. You could check my set up out and improve on it.

• Like 1

yeti i just put xt 6 seats in my hatch. We used the gen 2 sliders rather than modify the mounting points on the car body, It came out okay, there is a little play (diagonal wiggle) in the seats which I don't like, If I was in a hard impact I imagine the seat it more likely to detach from the floor. You could check my set up out and improve on it.

I really can't wait to see your hatch!

I may end up taking mine to Greg at SloDrive.  He made some brakets for a friend's GL coupe using Miata seats.  They mount up to the stock locations and it looks great.