Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Superoo 72 GL racecar

The radiator leaks, not sure what to do about that yet, I haven't seen any sources for a new one. I might have to just solder the hole up.

When I had my 78 wagon, I lucked out and found a perfect condition radiator at a pick n pull...

However, IIRC, some of the early 80's radiators are compatible with the 70's chassis, but i'm not 100% (I just vaguely remember reading something here on USMB about it)

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I had my 78 wagon, I lucked out and found a perfect condition radiator at a pick n pull...

However, IIRC, some of the early 80's radiators are compatible with the 70's chassis, but i'm not 100% (I just vaguely remember reading something here on USMB about it)

I was looking at an 84 EA81 brat at the U-pull yard yesterday and the radiator was different. The 80 wagon I got the EA71 out of the radiator was gone before I got to it.

This car is finished! :banana:

I ended up putting a wilwood 1" bore racing master cylinder in it. The one it had was only 3/4" bore. It might have been the original, I'm not sure, it didn't have enough volume for 4 wheel discs.

I put a GM internally regulated alternator on it also.

The owner is going to take the radiator to a radiator shop to get fixed when he gets it home, I'm all done with it.

I drove it around the block it handles awesome, like a go kart.

superoo017.jpg

superoo16.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 7 months later...
sweet!!.. Isnt my EA81 motor the one that was once either used in that or was going to be used and wasnt?

Yes, the person who worked on this car for the current owner prior to me working on it had tried to install your EA81 and a D/R 5 speed into this car :-\

Yes, the person who worked on this car for the current owner prior to me working on it had tried to install your EA81 and a D/R 5 speed into this car :-\

Ah .. thats right... well..its a great motor!! I couldnt be happier with it. I wish the owner of Superoo would have brought it to Carlisle..now that would have been a sight

• 2 years later...

HI Folks....it has been a while since I visited. I lost contact with Subaru360 (Tom), not sure if he still visits here or not. I still have the Superoo. It ran the 2009 Fall Weatherly hill climb. It has some fuel pump issues but did lay down an official time. I was busy with a move to a new house and things got a little sidetracked. The car was recently certified by the AACA (antique automobile club of America) and will be shown at the 2012 National Fall meet in Hershey in October.30024_1429331903760_5126247_n.jpg

• 3 weeks later...