Ultimate Subaru Message Board

91 Legacy 4" lift Build

Scott in Bellingham

finally started on cutting steel for the lift

here it is so far

DSC01198.jpg

plans are to build a lift of 4" using the stock Legacy struts , using a extension at the bottom of the strut to allow for a larger tire , I will be using 30 x 950 M/T Hankooks

heres a wore down 31" tire , its about 29-1/2"

DSC01193.jpg

hope to get it going soon, would like to take it to the sand dunes at Sand Lake Oregon in August this year

Scott is that how far the tire is going to stick out when mounted using your lift, because that looks sick :headbang: and is the exact look I am going to go for when building a legacy. When do you think you will have kits for sale for legacies and other EJ's. Also are you just gonna do the 4 inch lift or are you gonna do 2 and 3 inch later on. Keep up the good work, can't wait to see how it turns out :slobber: .

Scott is that how far the tire is going to stick out when mounted using your lift, because that looks sick :headbang: and is the exact look I am going to go for when building a legacy. When do you think you will have kits for sale for legacies and other EJ's. Also are you just gonna do the 4 inch lift or are you gonna do 2 and 3 inch later on. Keep up the good work, can't wait to see how it turns out :slobber: .

no that tire is just sitting there and hitting the strut , if you want that look you will need different rims, hope to offer this within 6 weeks, if theres a demand I will do 2 and or 3

Guest northcoast

What about a top mount strut extension? Not too keen on the bottom extension especially since I have the OB struts mounted and this would just push them forward even more. I do like the idea of being able to have a larger tire but without a divorced t-case anything above 27" is pointless.

Im all for the bottom lift, personally.

It sucks not being able to go more than one tire size over stock.

With the weight of the EJ chassis, I wouldnt want to do any hardcore offroading, but some larger tires for the snow and spring season would be a welcome thought!

heres a wore down 31" tire , its about 29-1/2"

DSC01193.jpg

hope to get it going soon, would like to take it to the sand dunes at Sand Lake Oregon in August this year

I WANT!!!!:eek: Even though I love my legacy as a street suby I would love to have tires like that under it. More access to camping spots.:headbang: Keep up the good work mate!!

• 2 weeks later...

That's looking sweet:clap: . Do you think you could build it with the 4 inch strut extentions but use maybe 2, 2.5, or 3 inches for the blocks, depending on what the axles and cv's can handle, because that diff looks really low, I think the axles and cv's could handle more of an angle. The pics from the ones in australia seem like the diff is higher, I have my 95 legacy lifted with just outback struts and springs running 27.4 inch tires, my diff looks like its got a little more ground clearance under it then that one, so mines all suspension, and my axles and cv's haven't had any problems. Its just a suggestion you might look into because its always nice to have more clearance under the diffs.