Ultimate Subaru Message Board

91 Legacy 4" lift Build

Scott in Bellingham

That's looking sweet:clap: . Do you think you could build it with the 4 inch strut extentions but use maybe 2, 2.5, or 3 inches for the blocks, depending on what the axles and cv's can handle, .

this is with 4 1/4 "at the wheel and 3" at the diff , your right it may take greater angles, I want something reliable and this is 1" over stock, and the front will still have less clearance then the back

Its just a suggestion you might look into because its always nice to have more clearance under the diffs.

Indeed. But the y-pipes have to clear everything first. There's really no need to have the rear diff any higher than the y-pipes. 11 inches ought to do it Scott. Looks baddass!

• 3 weeks later...
Indeed. But the y-pipes have to clear everything first. There's really no need to have the rear diff any higher than the y-pipes. 11 inches ought to do it Scott. Looks baddass!

Legacies ussually sit higher under the pan and y-pipe than at the rear diff, espescially if there is any weight in it.

Scott, any progress on the lift? I am dying to see:slobber: You can't let me be the only one at WCSS with a lifted, Legacy. (ridiculously sick, big, divorced transfer, full frame monster wagons excluded)

• 3 weeks later...

Wow, Scott that looks very nice. I though you where going to use those black steel wheels but those Aluminum ones really look good on it.

Are you really going to wheel it though? looks kinda pretty really nice.

Jeff

• 2 weeks later...

I really Love this car, Its awesome, couple things I will be changing is on the rear I went straight up with the lift blocks, well the rear tire sits closer to the front edge near the door , the wheel isnt centered in the opening, this causes the rear tires to rub on the seat belt bolt stud when you hit a big bump, I will be replacing those blocks with holes more toward the rear ,also its easier to trim the rear plastic bumper instead of the steel near the door , also the front has more camber then I want, I will be changing that on the next set of extentions which will fix that,

I really Love this car, Its awesome, couple things I will be changing is on the rear I went straight up with the lift blocks, well the rear tire sits closer to the front edge near the door , the wheel isnt centered in the opening, this causes the rear tires to rub on the seat belt bolt stud when you hit a big bump, I will be replacing those blocks with holes more toward the rear ,also its easier to trim the rear plastic bumper instead of the steel near the door , also the front has more camber then I want, I will be changing that on the next set of extentions which will fix that,

check this out for an option about the trailing arm bracket.

http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/forum/showthread.php?t=86178