Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Rally Hatch!

SubPar

that's pretty sweet however that cage doesn't looks like it's spec'd for stage rally...

:(

wonder what it will be used for...?

sure it is, it says scca rally on the side, so as long as he get a rally america log book before they required the FIA cages they let older cages be grandfathered in. so no need to update.

hell they used to let you use bolt in cages, they did make you weld those in though. after that they didn't change much, and rally america let all the SCCA cages in. And then pretty much as long as you kept a current log book you were allowed to keep the cage as is. it is pretty nice for us poor guys that can't be updating cages when ever RA gets a wild hair up their rump roast and wants new cage rules.

must be different for canadian rally then.

the front bars aren't even tied into the a-pillars...:-\

• 11 months later...

Hey! That's my car! hahaha

I just recently found this site. I was looking around at the rally section and found my car on there. Pretty cool!

The car was built some time ago - 1994-95. The cage was built according to the rule book at the time for the California Rally Series. Money was tight and along with a series of events that happened, the car never made it to a race. My friend with the tow vehicle moved away, I bought a house, etc. I did have some fun testing it on a few of the Rim of the World stages and in the local hills when we were trying to get the bugs out of it.

The car is pretty slow by today's standards! At the time there were very few 4wd/AWD drive cars in the series. We were going to run it in GT.

I still have the car though it has been off the street for at least 4 years. I saw one of SuberDave's projects and would like to get a hold of him at some point for some advice on some upgrades. I'd like to upgrade it with a Legacy or WRX motor and have it be smog legal. I think that kind of power in a gutted small car like this could be a lot of fun! Dealing with the carb set-up has been a pain with the smog police here in California.

Anyway, thanks for the comments!

rally_x