Ultimate Subaru Message Board

unplug cts?

shot some seafoam deep creep through the slow duty solenoid and hooked hose and connector back up and seems to be working ok.

while looking around for cts i keep finding lots of wrong info.

mine has the T shaped connectors.

the only T shaped connector types i find are by looking under non 1986 applications (usually earler) and they cost $60-$80+++

i see a lot of 2 prong cts where the prongs are parallell instead of T shaped for $18-25.

i know i need 2 prongs but do i need the T shaped connectors?

can i just splice new connectors and use the 2 prong parallell type cts or are they for completely different applications?

thanks, Bill

That's a good question - have you tested your's to be sure it's not working correctly?

The only way to tell would be to buy the cheaper one and test it then return it if it's not what you needed. The resistance ranges might be different - you'll have to test the resistance of your's as well as the cheaper new CTS against the book specs and see. They probably are the same, but there's no telling without the specs.

GD

went to advance this morning and had them get the parts off the shelf so i could look at them.

looks like the $20 parallell 2 prong ones are the ones that go in the radiator. they are somewhat smaller than the T pronged cts.

the T shaped 2 prongs cts were $75.

be nice to find a cheaper alternative.

i probably dont need one but anytime i think a part is failing i start looking since its so hard to locate correct applications. if i end up not needing a part, good. but if i do need it then or at a later time i've already done the research and have part #'s wrote down in a little notebook.

thanks, Bill