Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Dealer-installed 2.2 - 2.5 swap, but did they forget stuff?

Long story short, "new" 2.2L engine swapped for my timing-junked 145k 2.5L... by the dealer (cheapest price around, actually). Apparently rebuilt 2.5s are hard to come by (in New England at least). Fine for me, I'd prefer the 2.2 anyway.... but some questions below the link...

What started this all... the longer story:

http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/forum/showthread.php?t=89143&page=3&highlight=tjxtreme

Questions: they seemed to do the swap pretty seamlessly, but there were a couple places that have screw holes, but no screws... not sure if this is from a different engine configuration, or something they forgot. Two screw holes on some brackets coming off the passenger side intake manifold, and also a screw hole a few inches toward the pass-front side on a third bracket.

I have a picture, but don't think I can post it... I could email it to someone if they can post.

Thanks,

Andrew

BTW new engine runs smooth... real smooth. It just cost an arm and a leg, thats all.

yeah, there are these two things I like to call the green brackets of death. They sit right above the fuel rails and don't really do all that much. Generally after I take them off they don't get put back on the car.

There are also just a few random tapped holes that aren't used for anything I think.

+1 power steering brackets. i just did one the other day, same thing they're just hanging there. not a problem at all.

not just your area, EJ25's are expensive everywhere because they have a higher failure rate for head gaskets, bearings, and piston slap. i can sell a blown EJ25 for more than i can find a running EJ22 around here. the EJ22 is a great choice.