Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Does anyone have a part number for lug studs on a 97 Outback??? The Dorman parts book shows 601-410 (might be backwards on the 0s and 1s, dyslexic:-p !!). I got new rotors from the dealer and of course, no studs:rolleyes: . I'm going to have the old ones pressed out and pressed back into the new rotors but just had to know what the correct stud was. Thanks, tim

Diagram is from the FSM I downloaded for my '97 (I noticed your was also a '97). Now page one is for the 2.2 and page two is for the 2.5 but the parts, hub/rotor, etc. are the same. I just never have run into your situation where the rotor is integral to the hub, every car I have owned has a replaceable rotor. Sorry.

Not sure what Ru your diagram is for but, the 97 Outback has the hub and rotor as a single piece. It would be easy to swap hubs, unfortunately not in this case. Later, Tim

no. Pull the caliper bracket and the rotor pops right off.

But for reference the lug part number is 610-401

Okay, so there I was smoking crack............

Yep, hub is behind the rotor. I'm sure glad I didn't try and have the studs pressed through the holes in the rotor :eek: .

Please forgive me, this is only the second time doing brakes on an EJ car.

Later and thanks, Tim

Hey yohy, does your FSM have a detail of the brakes showing the clips and their possitions. The end clips are easy but in the kit there are two smaller clips I can't figure out. They could be extras, but I'd like to know for sure. If you could put that up it would be great. Thanks, Tim

Tim,

Here is the breakdown of the front brakes...but failed to clarify, we are speaking of the front brakes, correct? Anyhow, it's a two pager, same deal, page one is for the 2.2 and page two for the 2.5. Also, if you want, PM me with your email address and I can forward to you the entire section on brakes, if you wish.

John