Ultimate Subaru Message Board

So I before I sold my 99 outback I had a set of rotors that I purchased but never ended up installing....will these rotors fit onto my 95 legacy? If I remember correctly the 99 had 15' wheels while my 95 has 14'....does the size of the wheel matter? Does a larger wheel mean a larger rotor? This would just save me from having to deal with exchanging the parts at a Subaru dealership.

do you remember the calipers? the 95 could have just single pot calipers where the 99 will have dual pot front calipers. that won't be interchangeable.

if they're the same number of pistons per caliper they'll be interchangeable though (not true of all subaru's - just in this case).

if your legacy now has one piston calipers they wont fit. the brakes that were on your outback had to have 15" rim on it to clear the caliper which was a 2 piston. that's the bad news

the good news is all you have to do is find the calipers and mounting brackets from

91-94 Legacy turbo

96-02 Legacy GT/Outback

00-04 Legacy non-GT

98-07 Impreza RS/TS/2.5i

98-02 Forester

as they all have the same size rotors

here is a great write up on brakes for subarus

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1265631

So I before I sold my 99 outback I had a set of rotors that I purchased but never ended up installing....will these rotors fit onto my 95 legacy? If I remember correctly the 99 had 15' wheels while my 95 has 14'....does the size of the wheel matter? Does a larger wheel mean a larger rotor? This would just save me from having to deal with exchanging the parts at a Subaru dealership.

95 fronts share parts with the 99 outback, i can't remember if it's fronts or rears or both. the 95 rears are smaller and a rotor, caliper etc swap would have to be done.

the easy solution is to cross check the 95 rotor part number at autozone.com and see if it fits the 99.

95 fronts share parts with the 99 outback, i can't remember if it's fronts or rears or both. the 95 rears are smaller and a rotor, caliper etc swap would have to be done.

the easy solution is to cross check the 95 rotor part number at autozone.com and see if it fits the 99.

the rears have pretty much been the same size from the first legacy to a 05 wrx. this was the most common size rear rotor ever.

90-99 Legacies/Outbacks with rear discs non-turbo

93-03 Imprezas with rear discs

04+ non-Sti Imprezas

06+ non WRX or STi imprezas

Foresters with rear discs

Bajas

and i used to work at autozone, during down times i would cross reference subaru part (not even joking) the rotors were all the same but the pads were not. the pads were different because of different brackets/calipers. which seems odd that they would use so many different brackets/calipers combos but who am i to tell subaru how to do their work.