Ultimate Subaru Message Board

GSR Carb tuning

It's just not fair! What is it with New Zealand and GSRs?

Seriously, there is a tool called a carb balancer (or carb syncronizer) which is a vacuum gauge that allows you to tune both carbs. I don't think they are very expensive either.

It's just not fair! What is it with New Zealand and GSRs?

Seriously, there is a tool called a carb balancer (or carb syncronizer) which is a vacuum gauge that allows you to tune both carbs. I don't think they are very expensive either.

I think this tool is commonly used by motorcycle mechanics if that helps at all.

The trade name is "Uni-Sync", the money should be $20, it is suitable for 2 carbs only, 4 would be a handful.

Or, use a piece of heater hose inserted into your ear, listening carefully to the draw through each carb, make the noise you hear the same from each.

Whatever method you choose to use, there is a learning curve involved, don't expect miracles the first time.

is it ok to use an motorcycle carb syncronizer to do car carbs? or would the car carbs be to big and cause to much vacumme or something to get reading?

Should be fine.Unisyn and others are adjustible for different airflow rates and are intended to check synchronization at different RPMs anyhow.

Pretty simple,really.Used to use one regularly on a 4 carb car.

There are some pretty big bike engines.

Should be fine.Unisyn and others are adjustible for different airflow rates and are intended to check synchronization at different RPMs anyhow.

Pretty simple,really.Used to use one regularly on a 4 carb car.

There are some pretty big bike engines.

sweet i was wondering bout that. cause of the info i been reading up for them they say uses for motorbikes, boat motors, lite aircraft but didnt say about car use