Ultimate Subaru Message Board

My latest car 1973 GSR

Really nice looking intake!:slobber: You may want to try soda blasting the carbs instead of bead blasting. It is much easier on the parts and it just washes off with water.

Also another trick I used is to use a old tooth brush along with some creme hand cleaner with pumice in it and scrub the parts that need attention with it and then wash them off with water.

Edited by Jerry DeMoss

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

YAY shes running again:headbang:

Every thing just kept goin wrong today and yesterday

I couldnt seem to start it then i relised the plug that hooked up to the ignion switch, some how become disconected. I hooked that up then it did this

had it backfiring though the carb. some how the HT Leads where all mixed up.

Dont know how that happend

Picture8432.jpg

Picture8437.jpg

Edited by kiwi subbie

• 1 month later...

Hey James, just looking at some pictures of your carbs there. On the drivers side of the throttle linkage, what does it rotate on? I have got some dual carbs and I'm missing this bit, and where does the throttle cable secure. You wouldn't be able to get some pictures of the linkages to help me make them up?

Hey James, just looking at some pictures of your carbs there. On the drivers side of the throttle linkage, what does it rotate on? I have got some dual carbs and I'm missing this bit, and where does the throttle cable secure. You wouldn't be able to get some pictures of the linkages to help me make them up?

Yeas dude i take some pixs 4 ya. What size motor are the dual carbs 4?

• 2 weeks later...