Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Has anyone used KYB Gas-A-Just rear struts?

I am looking for stiffer rear struts on an ea81 wagon with little to no lift for the time being. I was wondering what people's experiences have been like with the KYB Gas-A-Just? I haven't found anything in my searches.

If that's a no-go then can someone tell me if there is a model of ea82 rear coil-over that was "shorter" than others? Or put another way...did some ea82's come with longer rear struts, so I can avoid them at the junkyard?

I'm probably not going so far as to install a rear anti-sway bar, but suggestions for stiffer struts/suspension with minimal camber changes would be appreciated.

I am looking for stiffer rear struts on an ea81 wagon with little to no lift for the time being. I was wondering what people's experiences have been like with the KYB Gas-A-Just? I haven't found anything in my searches.

If that's a no-go then can someone tell me if there is a model of ea82 rear coil-over that was "shorter" than others? Or put another way...did some ea82's come with longer rear struts, so I can avoid them at the junkyard?

I'm probably not going so far as to install a rear anti-sway bar, but suggestions for stiffer struts/suspension with minimal camber changes would be appreciated.

I've used that model KYB on my Brat (rears only), all around on my '86 GL, all around on my '91 Legacy (lasted 120K miles and installed my second set this past year). A quality shock for not much money considering how well it works and lasts. I'm using KYB AGXs on my Impreza.

Thanks for your replies. Sounds like the product I am looking for.

Any comments on the difference in ride as compared to a hydraulic unit?

Originally posted by aba4430

Just noted you asked about struts.........

Yes I am really asking about shocks. Thanks for catching that...I hate using the sloppy talk.

Any comments on the difference in ride as compared to a hydraulic unit?

Originally posted by aba4430

Yes I am really asking about shocks. Thanks for catching that...I hate using the sloppy talk.

Only difference in ride was that the KYBs were a little stiffer. Some people don't like them because they feel too harsh on their daily driver; I think they are just fine.