Ultimate Subaru Message Board

lift discounts?

northguy

I didn't want to hijack the other thread, so Snowman, if you're serious about lifting in the spring, we should look at seeing if PK Davis can send both of our kits at the same time and save some on the postage. I wouldn't think he'd discount for only 2 lifts, but if Torxx were interested,maybe he'd give us a discount on 3? Anyway, it'd be a good weekend project to put 2 or 3 lifts on in one weekend with Jon's assistance. Let me know what you think, and PK, if you happen to see this , what do you think about a volume discount? Torxx, you in?

And Snowman, thanks for the compliment on my Brat, but I don't think it'd do allthat well. It looks good for Alaska standards, but it's too dinged up for WA and OR. I'm sure RichieRich had it there before, and I haven't heard that it did anything special. But thanks. I'm trying to keep it in good order.

NAClink charged me 52 bucks for the first 55 lbs when Ed sent me the wheels. I'm sure it goes on a sliding scale and 3 lifts on NAClink would be less expensive than one at a time. Torxx, if you're serious about the lift, visit PK Davis's website. He's got a wide variety of options at pretty reasonable prices.

I'm for sure going to do the lift this spring, and I think it would go a lot smoother doing three cars in a row and having more people there. We should REALLY get ahold of an impact wrench to do this job, because those ea82 rear strut top bolts don't like to come off without a lot of persuasion.

my ea82 was a shocked rear....

the hard part of the lift is making sure you dont strip any body mounts like i did... when u lift a subaru for the first time u get overexcited (least i did) and tried to force bolts in.. resulting in stripped threads and alot more work.

i can get ahold of air and hand tools.

northguy for garage?

I've got a garage, tools, an impact, a spare bedroom for Torxx if he needs it, .... I might need some specialty Subaru tools (if they are needed) and a larger compressor. Mine is pretty small but good enough for changing tires and such. Probably a good excuse to upgrade. Figure we'd probably start on Torxx's rig since he's from out of town and if he runs into problems it'll give him ample time to get things straightened out. Anybody else have ideas? Access to a larger compressor? Other tools?

That sounds good. Now, does somebody want to step up and contact PK Davis about getting the lifts and seeing if we can get them shipped here cheap? I would do it if nobody else wants to, but I don't really know anything about shipping companies, etc. due to my lack of experience (hey, I'm only 17;) ).

As for tools, I don't think any specialy tools are needed. I have a pretty complete set in my car already, but I can bring my gear wrenches, hammers, saws, tap and die set in case of stripped holes, prybars, and what-have-you as well. If it would be helpful, I've also been considering buying a floor jack, and I would go ahead and do it if it would be helpful.

Oh, I didn't think about a torque wrench. Does anybody know what the bolts need to be torqued to? The reason I ask is that I've already got a small one, but if we need a big one (I know I will sometime...) then I could go ahead and buy it with my student discount from Snap-On, Mac, Napa, or Craftsman.

Torxxx, if you have an "in", a discount on air front, you can be the go to guy. But it might be cheaper to have it air freighted to Anchorage and Kelly,or I can pick it up there. Do you want to do the inversigation on the cost? Each set, I'm told is between 43 and 52 lbs. (x3), depending on which set up.