Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Getting married...(Subaru Cake)

Will be tying the knot tomorrow. Been dating since high school and living together for 2 1/2. Looking forward to finally being legal and not having to claim my dad's income on my FAFSA any longer. She is good to me and can tell me Subaru engine codes from looking at the car. Got some beach sitting to do next week so thats where I will be.

-Kyle

Will be tying the knot tomorrow. Been dating since high school and living together for 2 1/2. Looking forward to finally being legal and not having to claim my dad's income on my FAFSA any longer. She is good to me and can tell me Subaru engine codes from looking at the car. Got some beach sitting to do next week so thats where I will be.

-Kyle

Congrats. Learn to meet half way. Learn to give eachother space. Be best friends. You'll do fine.

Congrats. Learn to meet half way. Learn to give eachother space. Be best friends. You'll do fine.

That and take responsibility for your part of any problem. Basically own your mess and let her know that you are accepting responsiblity. She may not follow suit w/owning her mess, but eventually she will come around.

ohh and really count the cost and accept each other's shortcomings.

Since you guys have been together for a long time, you probably know each other's quirks and characters. I am sure there are things that bug you about your fiance's and like wise things that you do that bug her. Those things will not go away b/c you are married. I am not saying conceed to those things and chalk it up as "well, that's her and there's nothing I can do about it". You need to realize that this is what you are getting into and vocalize your irritation or annoyance but then have some grace b/c you knew she would be like this going into the marriage.

my wife had to accept the fact that I was going to be a "greasemonkey" and wrench hours on end in the garage. She doesn't necesarily like it, but she let's me do it and if I get carried away, she'll remind me. I knew going into the marriage that she was a packrat. Apt still looks like a warehouse after after almost 2 years of being there. Now I get firm and tell her that things need to get organized, but I TRY to not get too critical with her. (I usually fail) But then I have to go back and apologize and accept that I knew going in she was a cluttery person.

Anyways.... (end Dr Phil moment)

TAKE A LOT OF MENTAL PHOTOGRAPHS. YOUR WEDDING FESTIVITIES WILL BE A BLUR AND IT'S IMPORTANT TO CONCIOUSLY REMEMBER THINGS AND FREEZE THEM IN YOUR MIND. BEST ADVICE THAT WAS GIVEN TO ME.

BW

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks everyone for the warm wishes. I was a little disappointed on our Florida/Georgia trip so here is the count.

1-08 Black STi

2-Bugeye WRX wagons

2-Bugeye WRX sedans

1-04/05 WRX sedan

7-Evo 8's

17-3rd generation Toyota Supras, both turbo and twin turbo. The oldest car I seen was a 2nd gen Supra, I could not believe it.