Ultimate Subaru Message Board

we desperately need a decent repair maunual!!

what is the deal with the usrm? it doesn't cover even themost basic repairs such as clutch work. i know there is a write up somewhere. but somewhere is the keyword. i'm really pressed for time, so i'm just gona go hunting at the library. boy, will i be appreciative of the west coast stomper's [age and foxesw page when thay are all done.

just a rant and rave. but seriously, the usrm just doesn't do the name repair manual justice.

The repair manual is made up of articles written by individual users, such as yourself. Perhaps you should invest in an actual manual for your car. Then after following the instructions in the manual, you could write up a comprehensive reprt on the easiest way to R&R an EA82 clutch. You could then submit it to the USRM and thus help it earn its name as The Ultimate Subaru Repair Manual.

You might also notice that about 80% of the stuff in the USRM is stuff that isn't available in the Haynes, CHilton, Climber or FSM. The USRM is intended to be a supplement to having proper manuals for your car. Not a replacement.

There was a link a while back to scanned PDFs for an 89 FSM.. if it has all the right sections in there, all of your clutch questions will be answered. You just have to find it.:D

Ya know - I have a haynes manual - and I don't often find myself using it anymore - mostly I just take stuff apart if it's broken, and I always seem to find the problem eventually....

The absolute BEST investment I ever made was to buy another Subaru - that way when I have to fix one, I have a backup, and can take my time - ask questions on the board, etc

GD

This was posted a LONG time ago... there is an online resource that can be of some help (it's not totally complete, but the price is right):

http://usmb.ultimatesubaru.org/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2574&highlight=online

There are online Chilton books as shown in the link; goof around with the numbers in the Address bar to find other models. It's kind of a fun game to see what vehicle you end up with.

Heck, it's snowing, go play around and let me know what you found!

-QuickRX

A.K.A Tom

Hey guys, since I'm Sub-less these days, I have a Haynes manual covering 1980 - 1989. Free to a good home. Just pay for shipping (from 18041). I know that I should post this in the marketplace, but it seemed on-topic for this thread :D

Email or PM me if interested.