Ultimate Subaru Message Board

I want a Sambar.

Yet... I can not find one in my area that is for sale.

I check CL every day for the VW Kombi or Sambars... nothing has come up.

I'd rather not spend $6000+ to have a newer one shipped to the US.

Anyone in the Pacific Northwest know of anyone who has a Sambar they would like to sell or just one sitting somewhere?

Engine doesn't have to be perfect, but I would seriously like to have one. Seems like a great little putter for long trips on back highways.

Also, any issues with the vehicle that I should know about? Cool things people have done with them?

Any help would be great!

Thanks!

Yet... I can not find one in my area that is for sale.

I check CL every day for the VW Kombi or Sambars... nothing has come up.

I'd rather not spend $6000+ to have a newer one shipped to the US.

Anyone in the Pacific Northwest know of anyone who has a Sambar they would like to sell or just one sitting somewhere?

Engine doesn't have to be perfect, but I would seriously like to have one. Seems like a great little putter for long trips on back highways.

Also, any issues with the vehicle that I should know about? Cool things people have done with them?

Any help would be great!

Thanks!

They're road legal in Montana and once in a while one comes up for sale. Watch the Montana CL.

canada has lots... come and get one.

:D

here is a company that specializes in them.

http://www.japanoid.com/

they charge a fair amount however they do all the legwork for importing them. read the FAQ for importing the the states from canada.

also there are a bunch on craigslist. I would also look at some of the non-subaru ones. they're pretty much all the same.

we had a sambar at the vancouver auto show displaying some of the roof racks we sell... it was pretty sweet, 4wd 660cc supercharged ecvt. it also had a full VW van body kit on it so everybody was really confused as to what it was.

I saw a 1992 Mitsubishi Delica Exceed in Portland last week. It had B.C. plates on it, so I'm guessing it was the same one listed here.

Scroll down to see...

http://www.japanoid.com/forsale/

i see quite a few delicas around. Probably 3+ every day... all of those vehicles except some of the odd micro K cars i see on a regular basis.

i'm saving up for a 93 JDM sti. :D

• 2 weeks later...

Come to Carter Subaru in Shoreline (just north of seattle)

they have a MINT white 1970 Van, just parked in the shop... the owners have decided that they dont want it on the show room anymore :confused: so it is for sale now.. they have not listed it anywhere as far as I know, but if you come up here I bet you can get it for a decent price!

trust me, this one is nice!

they have a MINT white 1970 Van, just parked in the shop... the owners have decided that they dont want it on the show room anymore :confused: so it is for sale now.. they have not listed it anywhere as far as I know, but if you come up here I bet you can get it for a decent price!

seriously?! that's what sets that dealership apart... that's where the cars101 guy is that has the van...

it's a sweet van, and will probably go for a lot...

I'd love to have a 4wd subaru van with all the newer creature comforts... maybe somebody I can import one or they'll make one for the US by then...

--Spiffy

is that the 360 van? that tiny thing? you have any pics?