Ultimate Subaru Message Board

I have an 06 impreza wagon.

I read lots of things about just how soft the paint is on a subaru.

Paint chipping etc.

My experience is entirely different which leads me to believe that this is a problem that no longer dogs subaru. I'm not really sure what models were affected but I can tell you, it wasn't mine.

As far as I know there has never been a coat of wax on this car, but after a good wash the paint sparkles and it still beads water!

And yet I was thinking there are a few dings and a few mars caused by parking lot trash. I wanted to polish the clear coat and do a wax.

So the inevitable question given the superb chemistry of the existing paint and my desire not to disrupt that.

What wax to use?

Thanks.

www.autoglym.com

This a professional series that has been 40 years in the making. They decided to sell to private customers in 1990, and I still swear by their stuff.

It's not the absolute last word in showroom shine, there are others that can produce slightly better results. HOWEVER, the price is very reasonable, and most important: It's so easy to use :clap:

For not a lot of effort, you get 95% of the results of the best of best. So, Zymol and Meguiars might do better, but in unless you're planning a concours prize winning car, they aren't really worth the added cost and sweat.

My humble opinion.....;)

According to consumerreports.org, Black Magic Liquid Wax rated the highest in their long term test. I bought a bottle and it's relatively easy to use as compared to others I've used.

Previously, 3M liquid wax worked great for me.

not that i have used it....but i have heard some very positive things about the new ICE by turtle wax.....
I used to use Turtle Wax until I became fatally annoyed at a problem with their cans and/or bottles sealing loosely or cracking.

I always liked their wax, I just hope they've fixed their packaging. Let us know if you try it and it stays fresh for you.

I've been using Meguiar's lately, but I have to keep a few old toothbrushes and 91% alcohol handy. It seems to gravitate to anything you don't want it on, especially black plastic, by magic! As to Meguiar's being expensive and a bit of bother, I hate to wax my car. Any car. I want to do it as few times a year as possible, because I feel the labor in my back and shoulder for days. Meguiar's lasts and lasts. All you have to do is wash your car regularly and only reapply when you're a) in a snowfall requiring lots of removal, or B) hail season or a big dust storm. C), every week for looks, just doesn't happen in my driveway.