Ultimate Subaru Message Board

my '84 hatch...

scoobyclimbs

ea81motorpull.jpg

OK.

This pic prompts a question.

See that little plug to the left (looking at it) of the crank pulley?

What is that?!

My engine has it too but it's not plugged into anything.

Something Subaru put there as an evil plan to confuse me 20 some odd years later? :lol:

OK.

This pic prompts a question.

See that little plug to the left (looking at it) of the crank pulley?

What is that?!

My engine has it too but it's not plugged into anything.

Something Subaru put there as an evil plan to confuse me 20 some odd years later? :lol:

It's a block heater...you can have my cord/plug..ya might need it being that your up in them thar hills...:lol:

I had to weld in the wear spots from the clutch fork on the release bearing housing ears.

How'ed you weld that? Looked like a casting to me and I know that welidng stuff like that wrong can just lead to a breakage.

Mine had wear as well. I was afraid to mess with it and the welder though. So I left it alone.

I had to weld in the wear spots from the clutch fork on the release bearing housing ears.

How'ed you weld that? Looked like a casting to me and I know that welidng stuff like that wrong can just lead to a breakage.

Mine had wear as well. I was afraid to mess with it and the welder though. So I left it alone.

I just used the wire feed..you could just JB weld it and grind it down...

The divits were so small ..hardly any added meterial...spot weld....There is not much too worry about really..I've welded cast many times with no issues..if it's small and not a huge peice no biggie..

thats a nice looking hatch you got there and at a very good price i might add. sounds about ready to take out to a trail and play. :banana:

Almost...I pressure washed the engine bay, trans, diff...+ the engine(removed). I should get my Rear main seal, clutch assembly ..in today and tommorrow I hope to find a blower motor @ u pullit..

I hope to be running by next week...hd gaskets, valve cover gaskets, oil pan gasket, cv boot, I need to find front brake hoses....any ideas Chaz..mine are 20" long I haven't had any luck..found 19",19.5" but no 20"

Almost...I pressure washed the engine bay, trans, diff...+ the engine(removed). I should get my Rear main seal, clutch assembly ..in today and tommorrow I hope to find a blower motor @ u pullit..

I hope to be running by next week...hd gaskets, valve cover gaskets, oil pan gasket, cv boot, I need to find front brake hoses....any ideas Chaz..mine are 20" long I haven't had any luck..found 19",19.5" but no 20"

get some a little longer will help when you do the lift

• 2 weeks later...

I got two pugs sandblasted/primed for black paint

Dropped off two wheels to tire shop for a set of cooper weathermaster snows for now....I can't choke on swampers yet...

CB swap from my outback in progress...I ran the antenna wire around the hatch and in thru one of the lic. plate lamp holes..nice and clean...

I also scored a set of 53" x-bars w/ barcraffters raingutter mounts/w locks for $60...(the thule mounts are $140 + another $50 for x-bars )so my outback overhead rack with lightforce rmdl 170s, hella ff75(backup lamps) will bolt right on...just have to wire it in..

hi-liftjack.jpg

For Sat. the 4" SJR lift is goin down unda..!

That engine bay is just too clean.

I think I might be blind now. :lol:

We'll have to get that thing on the trails and work on fixing that "problem". :burnout:

Ya just have to egg me on...I'm just dying to go wheelin' in my hatch.....:grin:

I did get my overhead rack(from my outback) on yesterday and painted two of the pugs semi-gloss black(new treads A pair of cooper weathermaster stII studless snows) .

So much to do... so little time...

After I get her running I'll start workin' on the EJ22 swap and 5spd...:headbang: