Ultimate Subaru Message Board

my '84 hatch...

scoobyclimbs

• 2 weeks later...
sweet greg thats an awesome rig far from when I saw you getting towed back by jason in estacada

hehe.

Yeah he's pretty much got that fuel loving Weber sorted out now too. :)

Turns out it was "readjusting" itself while driving.

I'm just suprised I was able to tow him practicly back to Sandy (nearest open station) from just north of Olallie. :eek:

• 2 months later...

I found some 6lug Isuzu wheels and painted them black. A redilling of the hubs was fun...I fitted the wheels with some free wild country rvt A/T that were from a scapped van in our shop yard They were like new..

235/75/15 (28.9"dia) . abit of fender trimming firewall bashing..

IMG_1211.jpg

IMG_1222.jpg

IMG_1223.jpg

IMG_1213.jpg

IMG_1212.jpg

IMG_1228.jpg

IMG_1229.jpg

Nice. :) now it looks proper.

I got my new bigger tires mounted as well. Did some clearancing and made sure there were no sharp edges (so it may rub but not shread). I'll see after this weekend where I might have to BFH it a bit more.

So nice to finally have all terrains on it. :)

And I finally have tires on my Soob that are as big as my spare! hehe

Sounds fun J, pix? (I know you just posted this and all ;)

BTW, lookin' good G

mw-

Nice. :) now it looks proper.

I got my new bigger tires mounted as well. Did some clearancing and made sure there were no sharp edges (so it may rub but not shread). I'll see after this weekend where I might have to BFH it a bit more.

So nice to finally have all terrains on it. :)

And I finally have tires on my Soob that are as big as my spare! hehe

• 2 weeks later...

Hopefully things work out so you can have it done for WCSS. I know you said it would be tight.

If ya spot another LSD let me know so I can rush out there and pull it. They practically give them to you at LKQ compared to what you see them online for. :eek:

The yard by me had a couple turbos and an XT with an H6 in..... but all of the 4-5 Soobs they even had in there were all missing the diffs. And none of them were EA81s. That was the first time I ever went into a yard and found nothing I could use.

Hopefully things work out so you can have it done for WCSS.

If ya spot another LSD let me know so

Me too me too!! except for I'd ask one of you northwesterners to pull it and mail it to me :rolleyes:

BTW, when's WCSS this year?

I need to make a trip up north and say hi to the folks sometime maybe this fall...

-mw-

I swapped my 5psd trans today...just the driveline left and console..

It drives great in 2wd...smooth shifts...no shot syncros... and reverse doesn't grind....:banana:

I don't like the starter setup ..so I'll get an ea82 starter so it works properly...

I need to rewire the sensors for the ea81 harness(hi/lo range) to the ea82 harness.

Tommorrow the rear disc swap goes in ...had to order rear brake hoses to the calipers..upullit cut them..:eek:...

I'll post pics soon..

the 5spd is in and my driveline will be done sat.

I cut the two trans. mounts up and welded the two together to work with ea81 to ea82 mounts. It looks factory..:banana:

The rear disc swap is done..except for redilling the hubs to 6lug .

I rewired the 5spd by using both harnesses to have a factory look and function..all my indicator lights work..:grin:

I just need to finish up the console with a ea82 to fit the ea81.

I swapped the rear diff . to open and two rear axles...mine were DOA..