Ultimate Subaru Message Board

WCSS10 Thanks, remarks, stories

- First off thanks to the helpers (yellow shirts, I think we all know who they are now :banana: ) If I didnt work 55-65 hours a week I would have helped more with the planning stage.

- Wow... it was so crowded there! I think the car show had 210+ registered cars.

- Nice to meet some new faces and always great to toast a beer with afew old faces :drunk:

- The "Wizard Staff" is so freaking pimp.... I gotta do that next year!

- I apologize to any neighbors to Brad's / the Canadians campsite for any excessive rowdiness that my keg may have caused. It was a nice novelty to have but babysitting it kinda sucked so I will likely be back to cans / bottles next year.

- Not sure if you all had the home cooking from the kitchen up at the parking lot area.... but those ladies had some good food! I ate the sausage egg and cheese bagel the first day and it was super good and the french toast and sausage today. It was good as well, but didnt quite top the bagel. Really liked the pasta dinner too.... I think it soaked up most of the PBR :lol:

- I think we may have topped WCSS3 for best show evar :clap:

LOL..i knew there was a reason i "waved" off this yr's event...:lol::banana: :banana:

Yeah, hmmm. And you think your cooking is any better? :-p

GREAT Show :headbang:

Will have pics to post later. Just want to sit and relax tonight.

Already a bunch of pics and stories up on NASIOC.

I had a good time.

I'm still trying to figure out if it was worth losing my job for though:dead:

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?p=23369479&posted=1#post23369479

Russ, if those turds at Les Schwab don't appreciate your skill and services, it was probably worth it. Karma will come and bite them in the butt (I knew there was a reason I didn't like them; you were the only reason I'd consider going there). Trust me, you're a talented individual and a BETTER job is out there waiting for you.:)

This is a wonderful event, I was only disappointed i didnt get to experience the whole shebang! I will say though, while the mud was good for the daily drivers and rally cars, it seemed pretty sad for the more serious mud rigs. I hope that can be done much better next time. I hope I can make it for the whole show next year, what a great event!

This is a wonderful event, I was only disappointed i didnt get to experience the whole shebang! I will say though, while the mud was good for the daily drivers and rally cars, it seemed pretty sad for the more serious mud rigs. I hope that can be done much better next time. I hope I can make it for the whole show next year, what a great event!

We tried to get it wet and rougher. However, the ground there is a peat bog most of the year and water runs through it like crazy. We dumped over 10,000 gallons of water on it and that was the best we could get it.

sorry

OK.

Got home to the Ponderosa Ranch about an hour ago. Didn't take the most direct route home, but it sure was a definite pleasure going that way, and doing the little "extras" too:) .

Mileage when I left home Thursday morning: 319,632

Mileage now, parked in my garage: 321,214

Trip total=1582

Best tank MPG: 32.7:banana: (Klamath Falls to Salem, via Bend and Sisters)

Well, another great WCSS. Many, many thanks to all that planned, organized, helped out and otherwise worked on making the Show happen and run. Again. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Thanks for picking a great venue, the marine layer was a welcome pleasure and departure from the heat that seemed to be everywhere else this weekend.

It was great seeing and hanging out with my pals that I only get to see one weekend a year, and was a pleasure hanging and talking with folks I've just met this year, and those I see every year and still don't know their names:eek: (especially the Canadians:lol: ). That made the long hot journey through 3 states (and Portland,grrr...) worth it, as it does every year. (I'm the guy with the 300K '83 that keeps saying,"this car won't last another year"...every year:rolleyes: )

Ed, thanks for the caliper.

Suberdave, PM me. I'll get those "parts" your wife was asking about to you.

GD, I still owe you beer for the carb advice (thanks).

Dalton, glad to have provided some "seat time" for ya..it was a big help getting back home after Red Bluff.

Once again, a big THANK YOU to all that "worked" the show :clap: .

See ya next year, for sure.

/Dave

First off, I want to thank you all for coming out supporting us. It is because of all of you that the show has grown and become what it has.

This was by far the best show that I have had the privilege of attending and being a part of planning. Everything went as planned, and without major catastrophes. We have the planning committee to thank for that. A show that has grown to the size of WCSS cannot be held without the constant support and commitment of all of it's fan's and planners. To all of you out there, I would like to express a sincere thank you.

This show has really set a benchmark for all shows to come, and I rest assured that with all of your continued support, future WCSS's will not be anything but bigger and better than each past show.

If any of you out there happen to see or speak to any committee member involved in planning this show, I urge you to thank them. This show is a major commitment of time and effort. Our planning committee:

Tex

Monica

Ken Q.

Jaymie Q.

Ed R.

Jeanne R.

Craig M.

Richie, and his wife Lisa

Dave

Craig B.

Art

And last but not least, myself Dan R.

Thank you again,

Dan

West Coast Subaru Show Committee

-

- The "Wizard Staff" is so freaking pimp.... I gotta do that next year!

- I apologize to any neighbors to Brad's / the Canadians campsite for any excessive rowdiness that my keg may have caused. It was a nice novelty to have but babysitting it kinda sucked so I will likely be back to cans / bottles next year

Thanks for loving the "Wizard Staff", But about the keg, it was a great idea i wanted to buy one but plans fell apart, and the keg is all the rage on NASIOC. I think we should make my girl buy one next year because she was the one getting everyone to do the keg stands.

The Party on saturday was crazy, Spliting up the camp site like that was a great idea:headbang: The community fire pit was another great part, that must come back for next year. i think the fire pit really brought people together:banana:

A HUGE THANKS TO EVERYBODY INVOLVED!!!

This had to be the best WCSS out of the 5 I have attended. Some things that set this apart from the others.

• Bonfire
  • Divided camping for Loud & Quiet campers
  • The turnout (WOW)
  • The food
  • The Trophy's (even tho I didn't get one... )
  • The entire freaking weekend!!

The location was great! The coast is gorgeous!!! I got a chance to fulfill a lifetime dream of driving on the beach!!! WOOOT!! The weather was wonderful. Somehow, I think we lucked out with the weather. The drive up was great, and the drive home was even better.

WCSS X will be hard to beat, but with the committee we have working on it, I know it will be a show to remember. As they all are!

Huge thanks again to those I saw in Yellow:

Tex & Monica

Dan

Dave

Richie & his wife (name has escaped me)

Jay

& Ken.

Huge round of applause to all of you, and anyone I may have missed :clap:

-Brian

We did luck out on the weather. Jeanne and I continued about 50 miles south for a few days at Nehalem Bay and some more camping. Rain Sunday night, off and on rain on Monday (more during the night), light rain on Tuesday and a deluge that night around 3AM. We left this morning during off and on rain which turned into an all day deluge that didn't clear up until we got back to Olympia.

I surely would have liked to have attended, but gas prices, airline ticket costs, and the timing weren't in my favor this year. I was out caribou hunting that weekend - popped a nice bull, then blew the motor on my 4-wheeler and had to be towed out 12 miles. Sounds like it was a great time. Maybe next year.