Ultimate Subaru Message Board

I recently got a set (with a $50 rebate) from Tire Rack 215/60/16 for my wifes car. They only have a few thousand miles on them, but so far so good. They ride and handle well. Looking forward to trying them in the snow - the tread pattern should do well.

I recently got a set (with a $50 rebate) from Tire Rack 215/60/16 for my wifes car. They only have a few thousand miles on them, but so far so good. They ride and handle well. Looking forward to trying them in the snow - the tread pattern should do well.

Yea that is what made me look at them also I can get a set of 205/70 15 for $250 from tire rack including shipping. I was going to get a set of Geolandar A/T-S but they cost $25 more per tire.

Anyone else have any thoughts on these tires?

A friend of mine has them on his Nissan Sentra. His commute is about 50 miles each way to work, and he bought them back in May. He's put on a few thousand miles on them already. He's not a car nut like me, so he was just looking for a good basic all-season and is pleased with it. I've ridden around in his car with them, and they seem fine as well. They don't seem to excel in any one area, but are really good all around.

A friend of mine has them on his Nissan Sentra. His commute is about 50 miles each way to work, and he bought them back in May. He's put on a few thousand miles on them already. He's not a car nut like me, so he was just looking for a good basic all-season and is pleased with it. I've ridden around in his car with them, and they seem fine as well. They don't seem to excel in any one area, but are really good all around.

I am really looking for a good all around performer.

I don't want to have two sets of tires for winter summer. I will take a loud tire that does great in dirt and snow.

Any ideas how this does in snow-mud-dirt?

i got them on my wagon last Jan... Awsome traction on the snow and ice.. i mean very good to the point that the abs didnt have to kick on... the only complain i have is that they are noisy... lots of road noise when going at 40 to 50..

EDIT: they are good offroad too :lol:

Edited by njdrsubaru

i got them on my wagon last Jan... Awsome traction on the snow and ice.. i mean very good to the point that the abs didnt have to kick on... the only complain i have is that they are noisy... lots of road noise when going at 40 to 50..

EDIT: they are good offroad too :lol:

That is what I wanted to hear!

What part of the world are in you btw?

Thanks I want to get one set of tires and not have to do the one set of winter and one set of summer.

I love the Nokian WR but they are pricing out for $900 set :eek:

I can get a set of 4 205/70 15 from Tire Rack for $250 after $50 mail in rebate.

Edited by rweddy

I am interested in the Sp60 as well. Sounds like they have the rebates till the 20th and the price range is pretty good. Anyone else has any input?

Also anyone know any good places to get tires installed for cheap in Colorado?

I found $15 tire but was hopping for more like $10

Never seen a Sp60

I got SP Sport 5000s on my Firebird, lasted foreever and had good grip rain snow or shine. Drive in deep snow with no problems. But can't get them in a 15 anymore.

I am running Fuzion HRi now. Nice tires, good grip and tread depth.

The pic on the web don't do them any justice.

I got only 2 so far but was $141 shipped to my house from Tirerack

Then took em down to Walmart to be installed, $21.50 to mount n balance two tires.

Gonna order two more Fuzion HRi before winter.

I drive my Bird yr round and up to 2ft of snow, around 3ft its just plows.

Then I have fun in the Sub.

I was about to order 4 sp60 tires until I see the white strip side wall style???

What is this? I thought they all come with black???

Also saw the size of 215/70/15 is $60 per tire( $3 less than 205/70/15)

Will I do any harm to the AWD system if I increase the width?

Please help

Thanks

That is what I wanted to hear!

What part of the world are in you btw?

Thanks I want to get one set of tires and not have to do the one set of winter and one set of summer.

I love the Nokian WR but they are pricing out for $900 set :eek:

I can get a set of 4 205/70 15 from Tire Rack for $250 after $50 mail in rebate.

yes they do have the white strip on them, i just had them installed with the white in. Wider tires would not effect your AWD, but mismatched tires will. then again i dont think 215s will fit on a outback, i have outback suspension on my Lego and very little space left between the sidewall and strut

neo