Ultimate Subaru Message Board

'82 Brat: Solid Axle Build *** DONE! :) ***

mcbrat

I've still only just driven it down the street and back.... it still needs spring retainers in front, and exhaust. my temp exhaust is routed a bit close to some wires, so no driving around with it yet.... and it's not high priority until I get my house listed with the realtor....

but what I did drive, it rides like a lumber wagon :) but until I get proper exhaust on it, I won't be able to try it out properly.....

• 2 weeks later...

front spring retainers are done, and passenger seat mounted in place... it's raised up about 1.5" higher than stock to clear the new tunnel....

I drove it down to the exhaust shop yesterday when traffic was light... brakes don't leak anymore, but need about 3 pumps to grab... the shop is gonna get it all bled for me as well.... the joys of all new brake lines....

the Lockright locker makes for interesting noises when letting up on the gas :) with no sound deadening in the vehicle, loose shifter boots, and the tranny wedged into the tunnel (needing some BFH work yet) all the driveline vibrations are magnified into the cab :) and the ratcheting of the lockright is loud....

and after the exhaust and brakes are done, I can test out my speedo, but oddly enough, it looks like it's nearly correct! (running samurai speedo cable off the samurai t-case, into the soob speedo.)

the Lockright locker makes for interesting noises when letting up on the gas :) with no sound deadening in the vehicle, loose shifter boots, and the tranny wedged into the tunnel (needing some BFH work yet) all the driveline vibrations are magnified into the cab :) and the ratcheting of the lockright is loud....

Just get a really loud stereo to drown out all the racket. :grin:

WOW! :slobber::slobber::slobber::slobber::slobber:

Great job! I'm going to have to build an extension onto my roll-bar like yours, really good looking rig!

I'm still having to get used to seeing the solid axles under the brat, but hey! It really looks at home, and with all the low gears all I can say is wow!!

:burnout::burnout::burnout::burnout::burnout:

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Now all you have to do is start making them for sale! (I can dream can't I? :lol:)