Ultimate Subaru Message Board

I know its dangerous to think but...

Uberoo

Me and my buddy sam were talking about a ford fiestiva that I saw that was painted urban camo and had a couple of CB antenna's on it.I said it was a pitty that it wont really go offroad well because its only FWD. Then I was like I wonder if I could do that to my justy RS 4wd..My buddy sam was like you could but then your tire size would be limited because I wont have the gearing or the power to spin em.A couple minutes later the answer poped into my head "transfer case lift".

so what if my justy suddenly found it had a rollcage to connect the suspension points together?Then what if it found itself 7 or 8" higher with a sammy or nissan Tcase under the thing...and then 27" or better mud tires...

I think it would be a monster justy,but what about the axles?any way to beef those up?

yikes. the motor is pointed the wrong way, so you'd have to either rotate the justy motor to put a tcase in the middle. then the trans.....any way to lock it up so it just sends power to the tcase? probably wouldn't hold up very well. front axles aren't symmetrical, so you'd have to either mount the diff off to one side, or get new axles.

I'd say put a real subaru drivetrain under it. no, scratch that, get a real subaru and do it.

Keep what you have stock.

Go find another Justy....doesnt matter if its 4wd or not, or if it has a blown motor.

Find a wrecked Sami.

Put body of Justy on Sami frame.

You might be able to fit a EJ engine under it, if theres clearance between frame and body. But theres other engine choices out there.

Keep what you have stock.

Go find another Justy....doesnt matter if its 4wd or not, or if it has a blown motor.

Find a wrecked Sami.

Put body of Justy on Sami frame.

You might be able to fit a EJ engine under it, if theres clearance between frame and body. But theres other engine choices out there.

but then it isnt a subaru justy. its a samuri with a justy body kit.

the justy is transverse yes but the driveline for the rear wheels is in the same orentation as any other RWD/4WD driveline...

I know, front is still goofy. and are you going to mount a tcase to the justy tranny?

there's absolutely no reason to do this to a justy, when there are EA81 hatches out there. virtually the same size, but set up just asking for a lift and tcase.

I put a listing in craigslist for a set of subaru wagon wheels with some tires mounted to those.an elderly gentleman responded to the tires.it seems while he was there he was also eying my justy.he offered $125 for it even with its blown motor.I was kinda taken offgaurd because I was going to fix it.But I endned up selling the tires and the justy.managed to get $150 in cash that I otherwise wouldnt have.although Im kinda missing the justy right now even though it had a blown engine....

yea I suppose your right.I would miss the go cart like handling.Maybe I can find a brat or hatch...or even a legacy...

I call BS...

those motors spin very high revs that will go well with a lifted, transfer cased set-up. Step outside the box and go your own direction. Justy rare? Are you freaking kidding me? Add the transfer case and keep the rest Subaru. Make the first...others will follow!

You do not have to go huge with 27"+ tires to make it off-roadable. a 2" lift and maybe a set of 20-22" ATV tires will do wonders. Weld the rear diff and make peoples heads spin when you approach.

Step outside the box and go your own direction. Justy rare? Are you freaking kidding me? Add the transfer case and keep the rest Subaru. Make the first...others will follow!

make peoples heads spin when you approach.

That's what I'm talking about. :headbang:

But it would seem he has already sold it.

Heck when I first started wheeling my Soob I didn't even know there were others out there doing it too. Thought I was the only crazy one.

Oddly enough I had never even seen a lifted Soob.

Ahh then I found this place and realized I was just another GL wagon in the woods. :-\