Ultimate Subaru Message Board

OMG:eek:That thng is fukly!! How could they do that?! Can't this be stopped? You like that ugly squat looking thing? I'll keep my 97 forever!
i liked it,lol

EVOthis Re: 2010 Outback :D

man at first glance it kind of looks like it has the body lines of the chrysler 300...in a wagon..... 4 Minutes Ago 03:59 AM

i hate the chryslers ,but i like the 2010 subie ,my fiancee said its ugly too ,she says its too square :( .......... guess i wont be getting one *whimper*

Calm Down!!! :lol:

Read the quote on the link itself:

"Subaru says the future Legacy's styling will split consumer opinion. This photo illustration offers an idea of what the new Legacy may look like."

Not set in stone yet, but if I wanted a car that looked like an Audi...:eek:

Calm Down!!! :lol:

Read the quote on the link itself:

"Subaru says the future Legacy's styling will split consumer opinion. This photo illustration offers an idea of what the new Legacy may look like."

Not set in stone yet, but if I wanted a car that looked like an Audi...:eek:

Ok I'll calm down. IF THEY DON"T GO THRU WITH THIS TRAVESTY!!:lol:

why oh why are they making cars that are good in offroad situations, impossible to take offroad. That front bumper, air dam would get busted off just hitting the normal average street with potholes around here.. subaru, please listen and make the bumper clearance like they used to, so it will clear the foot deep snow and such....come on designers..

why oh why are they making cars that are good in offroad situations, impossible to take offroad. That front bumper, air dam would get busted off just hitting the normal average street with potholes around here.. subaru, please listen and make the bumper clearance like they used to, so it will clear the foot deep snow and such....come on designers..

Yeah, kinda defeats the functionality of AWD in nasty weather and road conditions...:-\

If you read the original edmunds article, they just say legacy and that it will come in Outback trim like they have in the past. There's no way that's an outback. It's too low to the ground. I'm betting that's the concept for the Legacy and the outback models will be lifted up higher. And did anyone notice that little blurb at the bottom of the article about a Legacy STi??? That would be awesome.:slobber:

That looks pretty sweet though.

Looks cool to me, but the first thing that hit me was the chrome grill trim..its looks like the friekin mazda symbol:eek: I hate mazda and fords. And no way suby are even close to audi's. I work on both and let me tell you what I will take a suby any day. Do you have any clue what it takes to work on an audi...there junk man, stay away from them, and the mantainence is out of this world pricey. But if you want one and have enough money to pay for the up keep go ahead I guess.

i just wish somebody would break the trend of pleasing big oil, gov't, etc with their run of the mill cars and distracting consumers with the superficialities surrounding them (can you say "beauty is skin deep?"). if ANY manufacturer offered a car with the kinds of technologies every intelligent man knows they've got sitting on the dusty back shelves i wouldn't give a crap if it did look like this hideous hosebeast of an automobile!!

i just wish somebody would break the trend of pleasing big oil, gov't, etc with their run of the mill cars and distracting consumers with the superficialities surrounding them (can you say "beauty is skin deep?"). if ANY manufacturer offered a car with the kinds of technologies every intelligent man knows they've got sitting on the dusty back shelves i wouldn't give a crap if it did look like this hideous hosebeast of an automobile!!

Amen amen amen. Sir, I would like to subscribe to your newsletter.

• 4 months later...

Does ANYBODY! have any more info on 2010 outback?? im driving an 02 and am waiting for the 2010 to come out, want to buy a new one! BUT the one thing that drives me crazy is the four speed automatic! 3000 RPM at seventy mph! is crazy! i heard the 2010 might have a pulley trans, or a five speed automatic.. and or the body type is going to change.. any INFO would be GREATLY appreciated!!!! :-\ :banana::eek:

Does ANYBODY! have any more info on 2010 outback?? im driving an 02 and am waiting for the 2010 to come out, want to buy a new one! BUT the one thing that drives me crazy is the four speed automatic! 3000 RPM at seventy mph! is crazy! i heard the 2010 might have a pulley trans, or a five speed automatic.. and or the body type is going to change.. any INFO would be GREATLY appreciated!!!! :-\ :banana::eek:

Your just spoiled, thats all SPOI:ED.

My first car had a one speed (gpocart), then those fabulous two speed autos, then those fancy three speeds.

:P

nipper

Did I read 2.0 liter? I'm pretty excited about that... they need to re-release the Justy with a 2.0 liter. That would be some CRAZY gas mileage. Or maybe with the diesel? A 60mpg Subaru would be all the world needs.

And the concepts never look exactly like the actual thing. I'm sure it will have a few more inches of clearance.

Call me crazy, I really like the older Subaru's , The new stuff is just getting uglier and uglier and way to expensive. It does remind me of an Audi, I worked on Audi and VW for several years, and believe me Subaru problems are nothing compared to them.