Ultimate Subaru Message Board

2 fuel filters in 85 gl carb'd? where is 2nd??????

I found the first filter in front of gas tank and right rear tire, but where is this 2nd fuel filter i hear about all the time?????

People say it in engine bay but I can't find it???

(ALSO, does anyone know the part # for the carburetor to intake manifold gasket? I took carb off to clean it out and I can't find the gasket!!!)

Driving me crazy!!! Anyone know where this second filter goes on the EA82?

I found the one under the car at rear by tank, but I can't locate this 3 inlet/outlet filter? I am beginning to wonder if I don't have this 2nd filter on my car???

Would hate to button everything back up after cleaning fuel system and have this elusive 2nd filter dirty up my carb again!!!

Thanks to anyone who can help!

I Agree! ... No Second Fuel Filter... or I Haven`t Found it so far...

Also, the Gasket: if you can not Find it, you can Make it: Just buy the Proper Gasket Maker Sheet at a Car Parts Store, and take out one of the Hitachi Carb`s Plastic Bases (the ones that goes Between the Carb and the intake Manyfold) and Draw the Outside and Inside to the Sheet, then Cut it Carefully, and Thats it! ... You can Make your new Gaskets like That!

Thanks for the update!

I must have spent 2hrs looking for that 2nd filter yesterday! :mad:

Thanks for the idea on making my own gaskets! I ended up doing that - I used some fiber gasket material about the same thickness as my "squished/used" old gaskets...

They should hold up well and limit any air leaks at the carb.