Ultimate Subaru Message Board

help im new and i need little off road tires!

so im brand new to this whole owning a car thing! i just bought my dream car, an 81 GL wagon but up till a week ago ive only owned a motorcycle and the choice for tires was easy.

now that i have 4 awsome little 13" wheels with 4 different little mis matched tires i want to find something as off roadie as possible to put on them.

right now im looking at a set of these guys:

175/70R13

Firestone Winterforce

if anyone has suggestions for tires id be happy to listen!

I have a set of 185 65 15 and they are great, even better with LSD

went out today after 6" of powdery snow, lots of fun, testing tires, learning how everything reacts, going up and down steep hills and slamming on the brakes -- it slides straight, just practicing

lsd will be in soon :banana:

day before, went on crappy rutted class b roads

'86 gl-10 t-wag ea81 :D

I have a set of 185 65 15 and they are great, even better with LSD

went out today after 6" of powdery snow, lots of fun, testing tires, learning how everything reacts, going up and down steep hills and slamming on the brakes -- it slides straight, just practicing

lsd will be in soon :banana:

day before, went on crappy rutted class b roads

'86 gl-10 t-wag ea81 :D

Wat?

Wat?

'tis just Wat it says it is '86 gl-10 t-wag ea81 :D

transplanted ea81 engine, with ea82 carb and intake, swapped injection pump for carb pump, removed fuel sending unit and ran new hose for suction under the carpet, even made a plate from aluminum sheet, drilled a hole in the center, added grommet to run fuel pickup through, because fuel tank bottom is covered in sludge, and standard pickup is plugged, fuel pump controlled by standard system, no re-wiring required

more details available upon request :rolleyes:

i seen it, it is now a carbed ea81 86gl-10 turbo wagon. the old ea82turbo motor is pulled out...pretty sweet.

'tis just Wat it says it is '86 gl-10 t-wag ea81 :D

transplanted ea81 engine, with ea82 carb and intake, swapped injection pump for carb pump, removed fuel sending unit and ran new hose for suction under the carpet, even made a plate from aluminum sheet, drilled a hole in the center, added grommet to run fuel pickup through, because fuel tank bottom is covered in sludge, and standard pickup is plugged, fuel pump controlled by standard system, no re-wiring required

more details available upon request :rolleyes: