Ultimate Subaru Message Board

gen 1 roll call

1978 Brat. Bought this a few yaers ago with blown head gasket for $400 + shipping for $380. Fixed that and resealed most of the engine with help from someone from the board. Then had to make a big move and sold it to Skip for $600. Miss her badly but shes in great hands with Skip that now has her in the body shop. She will be his pride and joy Gen1 Brat. Best of luck to you Skip. Heres pics when I had her.:banana:

1978 Brat

stock 1.6L

4 spd manual

96,453 miles

I lost my pictures when my computer crashed. These are all I have for now.

th_pictures055.jpg th_tube.jpg

This is the telescope I built over the summer. It's the same color as the Brat and its name is Little Subaru (big Subaru is in Hawaii). Since it's the first one I made, it's a gen1, too :-p

th_IMGP5056.jpg

1978 Subaru BRAT

Swapped EA81 in

Swapped 4sp D/R 4WD in

Exhaust exiting out the fender

We also put several other random subaru part on too. I just can't remember it all.

It was pulled from a field. The guy I bought it from was parting it out, so I ended up with a stripped down BRAT with a bed full of crappy parts.

Things I'm working on are swapping the rear end out to an EA81 set up so the I can put my SJR lift on it. I have a set of super swampers on pug steel rims and I'm still toying with the idea of putting a propane powered EJ22 in it.

picture107gk6.jpg

Unfortunatly I don't own any gen 1s currently but I'll post up one I might be able to get for free...

'78 or '79 GL 4wd wagon, s/r 4-speed, EA71, beige, roofrack, A/C, brown plaid cloth interior, woodgrain dash inserts. Missing front bumper but other then that, the car is clean. Just like my old '79 4wd wagon I had, my second Subaru.

Been sitting for years but there's no rust, no dents from what I've seen and overall its in nice shape.

1973 1400 GSR

ea71 1600

2wd 4spd

odo reads 50k/km....only the 3rd time round or so:rolleyes:

UNI_0655.jpg

1981 Brumby/Brat

ea81 1800

4wd 4spd

genuine 110000km or so

rusty as f@ck

:mad:

UNI_0140.jpg

1981 Brumby

as above

200k/km+ unknown odo doesn't work

repowered a few times apparently.

$500NZD

accident damaged & very very very rusty at present...Pretty much just a parts thing.

P1030027.jpg

finding it very hard to keep collection going.

or even sell them if I were to try.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...