Ultimate Subaru Message Board

gen 1 roll call

1977 Wagon

EA71

4 SP/4WD

100 bucks....she was in a field for 20 years and she shows it. It has taken me about a year to get her running. Had to totally go through the fuel system and have rebuilt the motor. Added a Weber carb, she runs great now! Just need to work on the body inside and out. I love her!

before...

77subi1.jpg

after...

DSC_0031-1.jpg

is that the one that was for sale in spokane/coeur d'Alene if it is that used to see it all over. they drove it pretty hard but it looked cool

i only saved the pictures not the info. uhhmmm i seem to remember it being colorado 900 bucks. i was tempted to go get it. damn economy keeping me poor.

• 2 weeks later...

Guess I can add finally:

IMG_0690.jpg

IMG_0665.jpg

1980SubaruBratfrontright.jpg

Welded on the exhaust last weekend. Sounds much better!

Spent about 30 hours cleaning out the entire Brat. Found some spare parts and learned a ton about her. Love my new project!!!

Guess I can add finally:

IMG_0690.jpg

IMG_0665.jpg

1980SubaruBratfrontright.jpg

Welded on the exhaust last weekend. Sounds much better!

Spent about 30 hours cleaning out the entire Brat. Found some spare parts and learned a ton about her. Love my new project!!!

Did you rescue that from a scrap yard? I could swear I've seen that brat in a pic somewhere in a scrap yard.

Did you rescue that from a scrap yard? I could swear I've seen that brat in a pic somewhere in a scrap yard.

NO, at least I hope not, lol. It was a private seller in Colbran, CO. She runs and needs some work so I wouldn't think she was scrapyard bound. Title was registered to his Dad.

• 1 month later...

78 brat. ea81 with 4speed d/r tranny, dual exhaust which is currently cut off a touch short. roll on bedliner and shiny new paint. 4" lift and different shocks in rear. has a custom soft top that also snaps on and is totally water tight. Still have some carb issues and motor needs some oil seals replaced. Also did the six lug conversion with 15 inch wheels and brand new 215 tires

78 brat. ea81 with 4speed d/r tranny, dual exhaust which is currently cut off a touch short. roll on bedliner and shiny new paint. 4" lift and different shocks in rear. has a custom soft top that also snaps on and is totally water tight. Still have some carb issues and motor needs some oil seals replaced. Also did the six lug conversion with 15 inch wheels and brand new 215 tires

And no pics?! :banghead: Lets see it!

• 4 weeks later...

Hey guys I see a lot of new gen1 brat and some 78-79 wagon owners on the board lately and I havent seen too many pics. Soooo new guys and gals please put up some pics here in this post...... Really would love to see some nice early subies.....:headbang:

brat.jpg

I told myself I wasn't going to post this, just bought it. gets here Saturday.

We'll see what kind of project this turns into.

Wow nice.... I saw this one on craigslist and that it looked awesome but I remember it had some work that needed to be done before it was drivable but the body is in really nice shape and a great start.. Please post more when you get her..

just had this fall into my lap two weeks ago.

79 4wd 1600 wagon 70,000 miles.

Seems pretty solid except a little rust at the bottom of the doors. Engine bay and undercarriage are rhino lined? no rust. Need to get a manual and some parts.

http://i1165.photobucket.com/albums/q593/distinctivestone/026.jpg

http://i1165.photobucket.com/albums/q593/distinctivestone/029.jpg