Ultimate Subaru Message Board

gen 1 roll call

• 4 weeks later...

This one is forsale on CL, I'm trying to talk my Wife into letting me get it WITHOUT getting Divorced:clap:

He is only asking $850, drivetrain is good as well as the engine. Just needs overhaul on the brakes.

If anyone could give me a rough esitmate from low to high of what a brake DO would run that might help my case with the wife;)

5N95E65Ke3I13J83H8c9g843afaf279691bc5.jpg

Edited by Dinky26

I have a 76 wagon 4wd, project car. Waiting for more parts.

This will be my daily driver, once completed.

Also have a 79 GF. Runs and drives perfect.

Was looking for a 76 2door , when I came across this beauty.

I looking for 20 years , for the 76. Never found it. The 79 GF

Is a perfect replacement. Love this car. I only drive it apprx.

400 miles a year , due to weather in Illinois .

This one is forsale on CL, I'm trying to talk my Wife into letting me get it WITHOUT getting Divorced:clap:

He is only asking $850, drivetrain is good as well as the engine. Just needs overhaul on the brakes.

If anyone could give me a rough esitmate from low to high of what a brake DO would run that might help my case with the wife;)

5N95E65Ke3I13J83H8c9g843afaf279691bc5.jpg

Looks great... Get it!! I love my brat!!!:headbang:

bratsspicss010.jpg

bratsspicss012.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
damn thats a shame but a win at the same time looks like you have enough first gen goons around to make it 4wd though

i have two 78 4wd wagons and the 79 hardtop, my boss just got 79 wagon and my roomie just got a 78 wagon that was all in pieces.

stumbled across an add on craigslist titled "1977ish subaru collection free to good home" and i think adding the "ish" to the date made it almost unsearchable but it came up when i did a quick "subaru 360" search because the dudes area code was 360. LUCKY

called the dude turns out he also has a free 17"crestliner boat with trailer titles for both so we caravan up there with some trailers and a loyale with a tow hitch and grab em all... the guy also had so many spare parts(body panels, drivelines, 3 complete engines, dismantled engines, 3 tranmission, grills) and gave us all of it FOR FREE

the coupe was almost complete (missing backseat, a couple trim pieces) but it runs and drives but one of the front brakes is seized.

the 79 wagon was in excellent shape body-wise had an awesome welded on roof rack and was missing only a backseat and a transmission and driveline(kinda weird he turned this one into a fwd only not sure why)

and the 78 wagon was in alright shape too except for the front end was completely disassembled no motor or tranny

basically we hit the craigslist jackpot and walked away with more parts than we need, once i go through it all and use what i need i will be posting a complete list of the parts i don't want/need

OK, here it is, after 3 years of part time tinkering and a push over the summer- our truck is finally on the road! I wasn't able to post decent pics as I went so below is the link to build up pics. Basically I bought a basketcase '78 that had been sitting under an oak tree for 15 years and ended up going through everything. It has been a lot of work (and fun) and now we have a daily snow driver and no truck payment! Many thanks to everyone here who offered advice, knowledge, and parts.

Anyone who wants to see how far they can get up Mormon Emigrant Trail this winter let me know. I've got a buddy with a Baja Bug who would also be in.

http://s1289.photobucket.com/albums/b501/dedwards16/