Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Gen 2 BRAT featured on Jalopnik

I'd love to post a reply to that, but it's not letting me:

Actually, that Brat did originally come with the jump seats. They were removed though. It still has the mounting points above and below the rear window where the headrest posts bolted up. You can also see 4 of the 6 rust patches, in the bed, where the seats used to be welded in, but were cut out.

even the author of the write up is not really informed (ie did not do much resarch) about the Brat.

yeah exactly, you would think since the point of the article is to talk about the cars they find than they would do better research on the cars they see. Then they could show people all the facts about them, but oh well, at least we all know better!:grin:

When I was a kid, a lot of people mentioned the BRAT. Some kind of winged chariot from which Prometheus stole fire from the very gods themselves, a vehicle for which man is unworthy of. Car magazines and TV shows of my youth mentioned the BRAT in austere, revered tones. Pundits both praised and lambasted it, in bewilderment, for encapsulating the spirit of the 70s and 80s - the free-spirited, adventurous attitude that carmakers had loved and lost. Automotive writers fondly reminisced about the mythical creature whose headlights spit acid fire, allowing Helios to circumnavigate the earth each day with the Sun in tow. It's a car! It's a truck! It's as breathtaking and epic as Pegasus itself! And yet, I had never seen one, this Loch Ness Monster of a mid-80s Subaru.

I loved this :grin: