Ultimate Subaru Message Board

About those seats...

They gotta go... a busted spring, the foam is flat and the covers have pretty well had it. Just damn well uncomfortable driving more than a block. Short of having a car upholstery shop fix and recover them, are there any suitable drop-ins that can be had without drilling or modifying something?

Well the mods are easy if you can drill a piece of metal and wrench a bolt. You will need 4 sticks of flatbar, size depending on the seat size and were you want it (for taller folk or shorter folk). I think I used 2" x 3/32" (maybe 1/16")a little thin but its what the seat was made of. Any seat will do if they fit in the car width and depth whatever. Keep your frame rails!!!!! My ea81 (totaled christmas) has 2004 outback seats with the height adjust lever. Little tight on install but if I where to do it again.... Well I'd pick a narrower style legacy bucket seat (that folds totally flat:brow:). They are nicer for skinny folk like me. If you are a bigger person, the outback seats rock as they are wider. Oh, my front set ran like $75 to $100. You can do better.;)

Edited by Yo'J

Man, that's some Christmas you had then. Sorry to hear that.

A little modding I can do, but I'm hoping to keep it close to stock looking as possible... I've already had to clean a bunch of the redneck off of her. A narrow set of seats I think would be ok, but they don't need to lay flat in a Brat...that's what the bed is for:grin:

Thanks for the tips tho!