Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Markus56 getting lifted!!

one eye

Your going to want them angled in the back too or you will end up with positive camber. You should also look into getting some outback or forester struts for your Legacy they have a higher spring perch to give you more clearance for taller tires. Brads you pull in Redmond might have some I've gotten struts there for about $20 each with springs.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all, I finally found the tube lift info from Markus56, I have an 86gl sedan that I want to lift. What is done for the rear lift? Is it the same as posted using the bolt under the rear seat to raise it? Thanks for any info. Will post pix when it happens.

Hi all, I finally found the tube lift info from Markus56, I have an 86gl sedan that I want to lift. What is done for the rear lift? Is it the same as posted using the bolt under the rear seat to raise it? Thanks for any info. Will post pix when it happens. Also how do you drop crossmember? Do you need some kind of spacers and is it difficult?

Hi all, I finally found the tube lift info from Markus56, I have an 86gl sedan that I want to lift. What is done for the rear lift? Is it the same as posted using the bolt under the rear seat to raise it? Thanks for any info. Will post pix when it happens. Also how do you drop crossmember? Do you need some kind of spacers and is it difficult?

This is what you need to do...

2009_0711Test0004.jpg

Jeff

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hi, I´ve got loads of 2,4" (6cm) tube for free and thought i could make this sort of lift from that, would that difference to the 2" be significant for the axle wear? This loyale 3 gen. i have is my daily driver so I don´t want to hugely risk popping cv´s just at this point. I think i could shorten the tube to that 2" but of course it´s a lot more work and structurally maybe not the best thing... Oh yeah and at what angle are those lift rear plates?

PS. this is my first post and thanks for all the great info.

Edited by Mechanymous

• 2 months later...
  • 10 months later...

When are we lifting my subi Jeff? If I can find some 14 inch wheels for it I plan on running 27-8.50-14 maxis bighorns, this is my dd so I will need the slanted blocks to help the camber!

Oh yeah this is Zac from les Schwab!

• 3 months later...

Under your rear seat in your car there should be a little plug in the middle, if you pull that off there is a 19mm bolt if you tighten that all the way it will pick up the back of your car, I don't know if you've done this before or not, but I'll keep going with this. anyways, If you put 2" blocks in the front and your torsion bars up all the way up in the rear, it will sit flat and about 2" higher, we did this with my buddy mikes rig and this is what it looks like

WalkerNov042.jpg?t=1231575855

Again there is no lift in the rear just the torsion bars and 2 2" blocks on each side in the front.

That's a nice easy way to lift it and not put any extra stress on the rear axles of the EA81's

Hope that might give you a bit of an Idea for a little lift!!

Jeff

would that same bolt be in the ea81 brat 86?

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

How much of a lift would i need to put on 32 inch tires? I got a 87 dl wagon that i just bought but trying to find 26's or 28's for a 15 inch rim is a B@#!h especily with a mud terrain or all terrain tred. Ive been wanting to do the 2 inch lift that is on here but i dont know if ill still be able to fiit the tires.

• 1 year later...
  • 6 months later...

I have an ea81 gl hatch. Can I get away with dropping the cross member 2 inches and leaving the struts where they are? I have the preload maxed out sitting stock the tires \/ pretty heavy. Would just dropping the cross member fix this or is it better to just lift it 2 inches across the board?