Ultimate Subaru Message Board

another to the stable?

well right now i have a 78 chevy truck that is a toy for the future to restore and play with, then my 86 lifted wagon, my 96 lowered impreza, my wife has a 97 outback limited, also i have 3 VW aircooled bugs, soon to be a 4th, also a 64 ford falcon convertible.

we just got in a clean 82 GL hatch at my work, 4sp d/r, white, rebuilt heads and head gaskets, runs good has a small miss at 2K rpms and the tranny is a little noisy. but whats to be expected for a car that is this old and with over 270K miles.

it will just be another one to lift, 4inch and some nice wheels but mainly a cruiser, it would get a EJ22 and 5sp d/r as well.

my boss owes me a EJ22 engine but i might just take this instead what do you guys think. body is good and straight, paint is decent, little surface rust here and there, but it also has perfect bumpers, 3rd eye, and the factory subaru square fogs.

i dunno if i have room/time to mess around with it, but i love the little hatch's and would hate to see it get destroyed or crushed.

im getting some pictures right now of it, its bone stock, just had the EA81 rebuilt, runs good, tranny grinds when down shifting into second, also it gets a bind in the tranny when in four wheel drive wether its 4lo or hi.

first mod, yakima towers and crossbars, gonna make a faring for it and a roof basket.

thanks everyone ya im really diggin it.

i am tempted to EJ it with a EJ AWD tranny with some 14inch alloy pugs and A/T's, but its the replacement for my lifted wagon for going hunting and such so it will get lifted.

beast: ya i drove it home and that was it last night, i know different tire size, if they swaped the diff or trans without matching ratio's it will do the same. but also the center diff is its junk it can make it bind, so i have alot to go over today on it.

one thing i did check and there is NO RUST, well a few little bubbles and surface but nothing that i have found has gone through yet so im happy about that. and if i find some i have a rust free hatch at my work i can cut patch pannels out of.

one more picture of it from last night.

DSC_0472.jpg

just got doen giving her a bath which she sorly needed, now its 100% less grass and moss.

also figured out the binding which i had a feeling it was this.

3 of teh tires are 185/80/13, right rear is 185/70/13, i have a set of brand new tires somewhere in 185/70/13 so im gonna try to find those and mount them today at my work.

well i tried to go play in some mud and just sunk it, dam near to the frame.

had to get my lifed wagon out and winch it out.

pictures to come, as well as a SJR 4inch lift and some kind of 28inch tall tires and wheels. gotta figure that out yet.

also have a question for the people who have lifted their EA81 on a 4inch lift. how many have torn out suspension components. this will be a daily driver and i want to make sure i don't tear out the radus rod mounts or anything.

Edited by The Scooby