Ultimate Subaru Message Board

1980 BRAT Restoration

First off...my apologies for no pictures at the moment...

But I just recently acquired a 1980 Subaru BRAT from my mechanic that he and I are going to restore completely. It needs a bed and a piece of floorboard on the driver's side but apart from that it's in pretty good shape. It doesn't run at the moment for several reasons... It's been sitting a while, probably 10 years if not more, and there's no battery under the hood. That alone could be a problem :P but the interior is in rather good shape...save for a coat of paint and a bit of mold on the ceiling but that's an easy cleanup.

And, if anyone is reading this near Salisbury NC then I would like to inform you that he has a 1976 Subaru there as well. It's just chilling...nobody is going to use it and I was going to restore it until I ran across the BRAT. It's a GF Coupe, 5 Speed, standard with a 1400CC engine but a 1.6 or 1.8 will fit with very minor modification. Again, I wanted to get it fixed but...well, I'm a college kid...no money. Contact me if you're interested...I still REALLY want to see it on the road again as well.

Mike I think he means the one just north of Concord on I 85.

You did see he mentions NC didn't you ? not MD

Looks like it would be quite the drive from CA

I'll be going through NC next week but will be on the coast, I'd like

to at least see it.

Edited by Skip

Mike I think he means the one just north of Concord on I 85.

You did see he mentions NC didn't you ? not MD

Looks like it would be quite the drive from CA

I'll be going through NC next week but will be on the coast, I'd like

to at least see it.

opps, my bad. Missed that in the Text (I just looked at the info on his profile).